I made an app to help you determine when best to inspect your hives, InspectNext

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My '03 Discovery eventually became expensive to MOT
Well that's not really a landrover is it? more of a hairdresser's car
the padded seats took up much of the interior space.
I remember when we were tasked with trialling all sorts of 4WD vehicles back in the nineties - before going ahead and ordering a load of LWB landrovers, one for each coast station. I think I just put in my report it was like sitting in a Reliant Robin, just less practical

I've had shocking tinnitus for years. Seems to be getting worse lately. Nothing seems to fix it
There is no cure for it I believe ,best to have other noise in background so hour not focusing on your sound in the ear ,I suffer in both ears for years mildly I would say ,so not as distracting as some sufferers
John.

There is no cure for it I believe ,best to have other noise in background so hour not focusing on your sound in the ear ,I suffer in both ears for years mildly I would say ,so not as distracting as some sufferers
John.
Yes. I tend to have a fan blowing while trying to sleep. I read about some kind of tapping technique behind your skull but it didn't do anything

Handy aside is the NHS app (for those with a phone) has a "find my aid" feature. Handy when I flicked my aid halfway across the apiary into long grass. Found it in 5 mins.
just make sure when you get a replacement you programme it into the app - otherwise it’s a game of hide and seek, and in long grass that’s no fun! I found mine quite a few yards from where I thought I’d flipped it, but fortunately it shone in a rare glimpse of sunshine. I then programmed it….!

That’s interesting.
I never thought of approaching my GP.
I had an appointment for a hearing test next week at Specsavers - with the expectation of buying an aid. However I happened to mention it to a GP while I was volunteering in the jab clinic in the local health centre. He advised me to try the NHS as their aids are just as good as private ones. He made the referral and I have received an appointment for two weeks time!🧏‍♂️

I had an appointment for a hearing test next week at Specsavers - with the expectation of buying an aid. However I happened to mention it to a GP while I was volunteering in the jab clinic in the local health centre. He advised me to try the NHS as their aids are just as good as private ones. He made the referral and I have received an appointment for two weeks time!🧏‍♂️
I might just do an e consult after the honey show.

I had a test at specsavers, which showed a very odd audiogram. The technician could not explain it, but said aids would help. Went to Gp to see if they could explain it. Referred to NHS audiology. Their test was much more thorough. Said that the odd pattern was not significant and I did not need aids

I had a test at specsavers, which showed a very odd audiogram. The technician could not explain it, but said aids would help. Went to Gp to see if they could explain it. Referred to NHS audiology. Their test was much more thorough. Said that the odd pattern was not significant and I did not need aids
Private audiologists are after all aid salesmen.

They are just as good and are adjustable through an app on your phone. Even the batteries are free

I've had shocking tinnitus for years. Seems to be getting worse lately. Nothing seems to fix it
I have the same, constant whistle and clock ticking at 20 beats a second. Hearing aids help during day. Comes from ten years of speakers in my motorcycle helmet. Don't realise how loud they are until you stop!

Reactions: Ely
working between two Paxman Valetta engines (same as on the Intercity 125) going at full dogfu revoloutions all day, later on the new boats, two caterpillar 3516B engines -with the more peacful Perkins generator rumbling all night, radio speakers (a different one in each ear) in my boarding helmet and a Toyota landcruiser enging behind me when driving the boarding boat plus loads of loud bang over the years didn't help. But the tinnitus didn't really ramp up until they changed the medication for my back.

This is prompting me to go see Dr too. 30 years of big dogs barking in my ear, radio, sirens etc. Have all taken their toll, but the didn't hear you excuse is good at times 🤣

the didn't hear you excuse is good at times
SWMBO is always accusing me of 'selective hearing' or just ignoring her, but then, after hours in the 'bunker' at Glangwili hospital they discovered that my ears cannot actually pick up the band of frequencies contained in the female voice. They actually handed me a signed piece of paper to that effect.
It's one of the few certificates I've seen that is of some practical use

Back