Hyacinth.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juanito

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Other
Number of Hives
Greetings from sunny Spain,
just a photo of a bee working a potted Hyacinth, Oh, and the swallows landed here on the 19th of February,

Attachments

• 2017-02-24 15.19.28.jpg
    2017-02-24 15.19.28.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 2017-02-24 15.19.52.jpg
    2017-02-24 15.19.52.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 32
Likewise... we have snowdrops just going over... the daffs are out and primroses and even the odd celandine is blooming.
Our wild hyacinths the Cornish Native Bluebell is just greening up.... roll on Spring!!

OMG now I can foresee another pointless debate on Native or non native imported bluebells:ot::ohthedrama::hairpull:

Nos da

just a photo of a bee working a potted Hyacinth, Oh, and the swallows landed here on the 19th of February,

Lovely pic, never a lot of luck when trying to grow hyacinths.
When they can get out, the bees are all over manuka which has patches flowering, also noted lots of blackthorn in flower which seems early to me?
S

Lovely pic, never a lot of luck when trying to grow hyacinths.
When they can get out, the bees are all over manuka which has patches flowering, also noted lots of blackthorn in flower which seems early to me?
S

I have to put slug pellets down which i do not like doing, even though they are planted deep the ones i have dug up to move have been destroyed by slugs, i have no idea how they get too the bulbs but they can and do.

Swallows!
Stan and I have a competition as to who spots one first. I usually cheat as I hate to lose ;)
At the moment it's snowing

Swallows!
Stan and I have a competition as to who spots one first. I usually cheat as I hate to lose ;)
At the moment it's snowing

2cms of snow here. Four daffodils in flower...

Our hyacinths only survive in a raised bed as the slugs/mice eventually get them .

Lovely pic Juanito

the Cornish Native Bluebell is just greening up.... roll on Spring!!

OMG now I can foresee another pointless debate on Native or non native imported bluebells

Not provocative at all calling them Cornish bluebells then? :calmdown:

duple

Last edited:
L the Cornish Native Bluebell is just greening up.... roll on Spring!!
OMG now I can foresee another pointless debate on Native or non native imported bluebells

Continue with your provocative posts asking for a reaction and I'm sure your wish will be granted Mr :troll: De Cornwall.

Snowdrops out up here, but Daffs are weeks away from flowering. A warm -3.5oC night.

Lovely pic Juanito

Not provocative at all calling them Cornish bluebells then? :calmdown:

We have Cornish daffodils and Cornish pasties........ come to think of it there is Yorkshire tea and Yorkshire puddings.... and when I was a lad we had fields of Mitcham mint... so why not!

Yeghes da

We have Cornish daffodils and Cornish pasties........ come to think of it there is Yorkshire tea and Yorkshire puddings.... and when I was a lad we had fields of Mitcham mint... so why not!

Yeghes da

Thought it was the Welsh who had Daffodils?

Our daffodils are out now and crocuses been up 3 weeks so will be dying back soon. I know someone locally who has daffodils at Christmas/New Year but they are an early flowering variety so a bit of a cheat

It's lovely to see the first dandelions appearing in the garden now.

Local Daffs are in flower and I will have one pinned to me tomorrow. Glad I don't have to wear a leek to school anymore, the things stunk by the end of the day

Hi Juanito, Thanks for posting the photos. Might just pot some myself next year! My bees are having a pollen fest weather permitting, but it is going to be raining most of the weekend.

Latest posts

Back