Hyacinth.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought it was the Welsh who had Daffodils?

Our daffodils are out now and crocuses been up 3 weeks so will be dying back soon. I know someone locally who has daffodils at Christmas/New Year but they are an early flowering variety so a bit of a cheat

Daffs are a big business in the far SW. The local growers plant them so many are ready to be picked before Christmas. Fields are bright yellow close to me at present with daffodils that are being left to 'go over' so they can harvest the bulbs.
I often see the migrant, mostly eastern European workers in the fields. The sap from daffs is horrid stuff and the work back breaking, have to really admire their work ethic.
S

The Cornish are just the Welsh who ran South, rather than North, after the battle of Dyrham.

Thought the Cornish now were mostly the Londoners who got rich and ran West to buy their second homes [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thought the Cornish now were mostly the Londoners who got rich and ran West to buy their second homes [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Very good, and very true. You are more likely to hear estuary slang than a good old Cornish accent in many of our villages.
They make me laugh when I hear them say how much they love Cornwall, then strip the inside of their 2nd homes to match their 1st homes and then try and change the county as we are all 'backward down here'. They then visit 2-3 times a year pretending to be local.
On the plus side they take away lots of my Cornish honey :spy:
S

Back