How to use a war to sell stuff

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know. It wouldn’t make me buy stuff. Maybe it’s just to show solidarity. I’d like to think it was.
Our staff really felt we should do something to show solidarity with our Ukrainian beekeeping friends, several of whom are customers. Gill and Paul attended the Apimondia conference in Kyiv with Bees for Development. They loved the city and the beekeepers made them feel very welcome. In the same way that many organisations are proudly displaying yellow and blue ribbons or have Ukrainian posters in their shop windows, we are flying the flags and giving away tamper labels. We and our staff and customers are proud to do this.

Looks like the Ukraine solidarity labels are free to add to orders from what you've posted... to me that isn't necessarily trying to use the war to sell stuff, it looks less profitable.

Obviously something like this also has an effect on customer loyalty so may be beneficial longer term, but I suspect that's a secondary consideration here. Then again, I can be a bit naive.

Our staff really felt we should do something to show solidarity with our Ukrainian beekeeping friends, several of whom are customers. Gill and Paul attended the Apimondia conference in Kyiv with Bees for Development. They loved the city and the beekeepers made them feel very welcome. In the same way that many organisations are proudly displaying yellow and blue ribbons or have Ukrainian posters in their shop windows, we are flying the flags and giving away tamper labels. We and our staff and customers are proud to do this.
Thank you Rebecca. I think the OP's thread title is indeed misplaced and posted to make mischief

Thank you Rebecca. I think the OP's thread title is indeed misplaced and posted to make mischief

Nope, not posted to make mischief.

"Add them to your order ....."

Crass. IMHO

If, as a business, you want to put out a social media post tying into the Ukraine crisis, then say you are making a donation from all orders to related charities, or offer to act as a hub for donations of clothes etc.

Don't just churn out some labels and try to get people to go to your website to order them, along with some other stuff obviously!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back