How to scare a beekeeper - good for a laugh

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it was my 150 quid I think the district inspector along with an offical complaint would be getting a call from my solicitor. That mistake by the police needs someone's head to roll. The police don't give anyone margin for error why should you. Common sence policing has been replaced with statistics...

Busy Bee

P.S. It would'nt happen over here!!!!

Some time later I received a speeding ticket!! - 60mph on a motorway- does not compute.

an how many people know that for your average Transit type vehicle the speed on dual-carraigeway is 60......
and 50 on other roads.....

an how many people know that for your average Transit type vehicle the speed on dual-carraigeway is 60......

Norfolk plod don't know that!!
(have been pulled over for only doing 50 on acle straight!)

a million years ago when i was young the local police of shipston was given and deserved thier respect and long may that memory rein.

its just for almost all police/hedgerow interfaces as from say 1992 when i came back to blighty to live i can never say a good word about them, sorry.

i find most police are either trying very hard to aggrevate the situation to a higher charge/offence or are, so not intrested that even a taliban bee keeper would not raise an eye brow.

but saying that i suppose that when every single hour of your shift is basicly dealing with the worst behavoiur of the human race you would get anyone bitter and twisted.

occasionly it goes my way though and one does laugh about it for weeks afterwards.

funniest i have seen for many years was in 2007, there was a reunion of service men in a bar in aldershot, at a rough guess around 200 of us, just the usual soilder stuff lots of booze and even more stupid stories of things we have seen and done. any way two blokes kicked off out in the pub car park, the local plod turned up and after a brief exchange of words ended up with about 100 people watching whats going on, so to try and calm the situation down he produced his mace spray and was just about to use it, when someone pointed out to him that by using it , it would not disarm the crowd nor the two lads as they were used to a stronger stuff and would proberly cause even more agro as every one else would kick off.

best bit was, as these two plods were wondering what to do , the landy rover of rmp's turned up, walked over to the two lads who were still trying to have thier fight, and sent them in the pub to buy some beer for the rmp's before they got sent to the glasshouse. then they turned round to the two plods and pointed out that they were not in the civiy side of aldershot and should leave and go chase shop lifters.

all six rmp's got brought several rounds before getting the two lads out the back so they could watch the fight. a great time had by all , except two plods

Last edited:

most, but not all vans are restricted to those speed limits.

it depends on what the vehicle is registered as, be it a light commercial vehicle or a PLG the same as a car ;)

I am loving this thread :D

That said, considering that my car IS in fact practically held together with duct tape, I'm bloody grateful, after reading all these stories, that the Old Bill DIDN'T choose to confiscate my car ...

Although thinking about 10 thousand angry bees (in a hive with a loose OMF) being loaded onto a towtruck does make me grin some more!

Last edited:
I thought that they were not permitted to lift/tow vehicles with souls on board, be that human or animals?

I certainly wouldn't wish to be cooperative were I asked to remove them so that they could tow me. An interesting thread that tweaks the mischief in each of us I'm sure.

Norfolk plod don't know that!!
(have been pulled over for only doing 50 on acle straight!)

There are a number of Norfolk roads where the speeds are up and down like a whore's drawers. Drives you mad. Especially when there are signs indicating cameras when there are none.

And talking of speed limits; how fast shouldn't all the HGVs be going on single carriageway roads? The answer is: over 40mph.

Regards, RAB

Especially when there are signs indicating cameras when there are none.
There may not be a fixed camera, but the signs have to be there for when they use the mobile ones.....

And talking of speed limits; how fast shouldn't all the HGVs be going on single carriageway roads? The answer is: over 40mph.

and living where you do Rab you must know that if they did keep to 40 the whole of Lincolnshire would come to a near standstill.

and living where you do Rab you must know that if they did keep to 40 the whole of Lincolnshire would come to a near standstill.

Yes, but is that a valid reason for most HGVs to be flouting the law?

Regards, RAB

Yes, but is that a valid reason for most HGVs to be flouting the law?

Regards, RAB

Its not just most HGVs,,, its most everything.

why is it that lgv's are speed limited to protect the public or some such stupid reason yet a coach can over take me in the motorway doing 70mph with 50 people onboard in what is only a green house frame on wheels,

does any one else know that your only supposed to be 3 tonnes or less in the fast lane on the motorway and no towing any thing

coach can over take me in the motorway doing 70mph with 50 people onboard

because hopefully they can stop quicker than 40 odd tonnes.

does any one else know that your only supposed to be 3 tonnes or less in the fast lane on the motorway and no towing any thing

It is an offence to drive a vehicle in the outside lane of a motorway which is:

1. towing a trailer; or
2. a goods vehicle with a maximum laden weight exceeding 7.5 tonnes; or
3. a goods vehicle between 3.5 and 7.5 tonnes without a speedlimiter being fitted; or
4. a passenger vehicle which can carry 8 or more passengers with a maximum laden weight exceeding 7.5 tonnes; or
5. a passenger vehicle which can carry 8 or more passengers with a maximum laden weight between 3.5 and 7.5 tonnes without a speedlimiter being fitted.

Last edited:
I'm an old man ,brought up to respect the Police Force.
I have quite a few friends who are ex-police !

John Wilkinson

yep me too! the only problem is that most of the older generation coppers could not see any reason to hang around with the new generation chief constable robots who are only interested in stats. There is also the fact that how many coppers these days are younger than your youngest chiild? which is why they follow the CC's stats driven mania with no rationale?

and .........(not sure how to get this one in quotes) ....

I'm not sure what this has got to do with either the original thread or a statement of fact?

HGV drivers pilot machines that are heavier and noisier than your average vehicle. The combination of the above simply confirms a previous recognized prejudiced? - without realising how much more the indivuals would complain if they did not receive the 95%+ of UK freight that the "HGV's" were carrying.

I'll get my personal line in B4 I get buried in every bodies "hate HGV driver" story.

HGV drivers do it for a living. Their licence has the same 12 points allowance that any UK licence holder has to play with. "Speeding" carries penalty points. 12 penalty points = no licence. No licence = no job.

Simples :Angel_anim:

yep me too! the only problem is that most of the older generation coppers could not see any reason to hang around with the new generation chief constable robots who are only interested in stats. There is also the fact that how many coppers these days are younger than your youngest chiild? which is why they follow the CC's stats driven mania with no rationale?

and .........(not sure how to get this one in quotes) ....

I'm not sure what this has got to do with either the original thread or a statement of fact?

HGV drivers pilot machines that are heavier and noisier than your average vehicle. The combination of the above simply confirms a previous recognized prejudiced? - without realising how much more the indivuals would complain if they did not receive the 95%+ of UK freight that the "HGV's" were carrying.

I'll get my personal line in B4 I get buried in every bodies "hate HGV driver" story.

HGV drivers do it for a living. Their licence has the same 12 points allowance that any UK licence holder has to play with. "Speeding" carries penalty points. 12 penalty points = no licence. No licence = no job.

Been retired 8 years
Don't hate HGV men
Don't hate White van men
Don't hate sales reps (recognisable by jacket hung in the rear of car)
I use middle lanes on motorways (this avoids having to dive clear of bullying traffic at slip roads) but keep to speeds dictated by traffic flow, and always get out of the way of anyone I regard as working rather than leisure driving !

John Wilkinson

Been retired 8 years
Don't hate HGV men
Don't hate White van men
Don't hate sales reps (recognisable by jacket hung in the rear of car)
I use middle lanes on motorways (this avoids having to dive clear of bullying traffic at slip roads) but keep to speeds dictated by traffic flow, and always get out of the way of anyone I regard as working rather than leisure driving !

John Wilkinson

what has this got to do with my post ?

So why quote it and mimic it?

what has this got to do with my post ?

So why quote it and mimic it?

Don't flatter yourself!

I'm agreeing not mimicking !
Get a grip it's New years eve for Gods sake :willy_nilly::willy_nilly:

John Wilkinson

Don't flatter yourself!

I'm agreeing not mimicking !
Get a grip it's New years eve for Gods sake :willy_nilly::willy_nilly:

John Wilkinson

It does not look like "agreeing" to me? If so there is a better way to explain yourself? What does "Don't flatter yourself mean?" I like to think I have got a grip? Especially on personal manners which is more than I can say for you? This seems to be a bit of a trait?

I also think it is precisely this type of post that makes reasonable people like me not bother to post anything on any forum.

Happy New Year to everybody - even you Victor (never a more accurate pseudonym). Maybe time for a different tack in 2011? (i.e. never too late in life to be polite - for God's sake?)

Regards

FB

Last edited:
Back