How long before spring

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At one point today I nearly was working in a T shirt out side. Then it rained lol

The Spring has sprung!
The grass has riz
I wonder where the birdie is !
The birdie is on the wing-but that's absurd!
The wing is on the bird
Anon
VM

funnily my bees were out at around 1 today, quite busy, bringing back the pollen then stopped almost all of a sudden... i thought this weird till i looked up to see a big black cloud approaching. Clever little weather forecasters!

could be charlock, closely related with osr so harder to get rid of in a crop of it

could be charlock, closely related with osr so harder to get rid of in a crop of it

Aye thats Charlock, my rape looks exactly the same. I just had a walk through it today I'm not doing anything about it as its only a small amount and this early it will shed the seed well before the rape.

It's very mild here, which means there will be four foot of snow in March :)

The rape is a long way off here not moved for weeks, i agree probably charlock but it looks nice.

It's February so it's snowing here: so Spring = March.

(When in March is a variable depending upon the weather - last year it was May!)

38 more days to go. -15F tonight. Can't hardly wait to see my bees again.

More evidence of the difference between your relatively predictable continental seasons compared to our tombola of a maritime climate. I know you think your weather can be unsettled Mike( I think it was the 2 frame nuc thread) but there is a clear difference in psychology between our localities when it comes to thinking about the timing of the seasons.
My bees are bringing back alder and hazel pollen today, and the willow buds look swollen and ready to pop in the next week or so, but I wouldnt bet against the hives getting shut in again for another month or so if the weather changes and we have a cold front.

More evidence of the difference between your relatively predictable continental seasons compared to our tombola of a maritime climate. ..... I wouldnt bet against the hives getting shut in again for another month or so if the weather changes and we have a cold front.

Or these continual Atlantic lows bringing in front after front of weather that changes by the hour ...

You only have to look at US weather forecasts - more of the same and very slow to change in a lot of states. Even the coastal areas are less influenced by the oceans than they are by the huge continental land mass behind them. Our climate in the UK is pretty unique within the world in it's variation and changeability and ([particularly in recent years) its unpredictability.

Well:
rain first thing
then snow
then glorious sunshine - and a few bees out from all hives.

Greenhouse read 27C max....

It ain't Costa Del Wigan :( , it's blowing a hooligan and snowing , absolute white out !
My crocus are well and truly checked !!
VM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well in the short term this week not looking nice at all. Tomorrow being the current concern!

picture.php

picture.php

Looking quite windy, especially in the North with the chance of more snow there and heavy rain more widely! Rainfall throughout the day!

If you are in Wales be prepared!

Latest posts

Back