How do we protect our native bee species

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A comment earlier mentioned buildup of AMM. I've seen a colony with a double handful of bees in March build up to fill 2 Langstroth deeps in less than 6 weeks.

That do only very native black bees . And they never sting or never swarm.

From 2 frames to 20 frames in 6 weeks. I have heard about them, but never had such.

Last edited:
That do only very native black bees . And they never sting or never swarm.

From 2 frames to 20 frames in 6 weeks. I have heard about them, but never had such.

Every season, year in year out in the Greatgreygreenslimeyrivertamarvalleyallsetaboutwithemptysecondhomesasthetoffsthatownthemcannotaffordthe£1.50bridgefeetoexitCornwall!

:icon_204-2:
Nos da

A comment earlier mentioned buildup of AMM. I've seen a colony with a double handful of bees in March build up to fill 2 Langstroth deeps in less than 6 weeks. No Italian colony I've ever kept could manage the same in less than 9 weeks. More important, the AMM never got the timing wrong. When they started brood, they did not stop and they were ready when fruit bloom hit. They were also ready 3 weeks later to swarm 3 times per colony.....

They must be the native black bees that Swarm breeds.;).

You keep going on about hidden agendas, sounds to me like you just have an axe to grind. .[/QUOTE=;SWARM]

..... or retired with too much time on his hands!!:icon_204-2:

Nos da

No actually I have very little time to spare at the moment and may I ask why you assume I am retired?

I'm little confused icanhopit, why you signing off with Nos da at 11am , are you in a different time zone possibly..

Yes, does seem always happy..I only asked as my partner always says ,nos da at night as she is Welsh... Meaning good night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back