Hospital Cross Infections.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
3 National Hives & 1 Observation Hive.(Indoors) & lots of empty boxes..
Hospital cross infections.

When they take your temperature with digital gizmo they place a new paper cone on the end for each patient, before they sick it in your ear.

When they take your pulse they put a clip sensor on your finger..........
So, person laying in bed....ill.........not washed hands.....been scratching all parts of body..... nurse takes pulse.............moves onto next patient............no sterile wipes used.. procedure for taking blood pressure its just the same.........move from one patient to the next.

It's the same as nurses all now wear 'scrubs' rather than have personal uniform as it's more hygienic - then they wear them to and from work (with the odd call in to tesco's en route!

Then there is the old favourite, the otoscope. (The thing they look in your ear with). Now who's ear wax has just been transferred into your orifice? (Yuk!) You'll watch for them swabbing it clean now won't you?
You will often find that the worst offenders of poor aseptic technique are Doctors and Consultants, because some of them feel they are above such basic rules! I've seen some appalling breaches by those who should no better and embarrassed the perpetrators by voicing my objections. What many medical people seem to forget, is that some of us, have a background in various fields, that give us the ability to recognise their 'mistakes'!
Had meeting with senior NHS managers just before Christmas where I brought up this very topic. Gave them something to 'think about' over the festive period, that's for sure.
Don't have nightmare's boys and girls!!!:reddevil::reddevil::reddevil:

And then there's the public toilet door handles, why can't councils build them so you can push up against the door to open it on the way out so you don't touch the door handle opened by the last dirty sod who forgot to wash his hands

When I was in hospital a while back with an unknown infection they placed me in a single room with a red label on the handle.
All nurses and doctors had to change gloves and aprons before leaving the room so not to spread the infection.
However the cleaner was amazing, used same mop and bucket didn't wear gloves, came in mopped the room then went on her merry way mopping the rest of the ward with the same mop and water.
Good job it as only mrsa i had lol

Thinking about it the cleaner used all the same cloths and cleaning stuff she used on everyone else's rooms lol.

Last edited:
I keep out of hospitals.
And that is why I am still alive today..:)

Joking aside, it's best to organise your lifestyle wherever possible to avoid their use: dangerous places where people die.

If anyone is worried about getting some infection in hospital...the answer is don't go to hospital.

I hate Hospitals but unfortunately I have had little choice about going to them.
Sometimes the problem makes it necessary.

When I was in hospital a while back with an unknown infection they placed me in a single room with a red label on the handle.
All nurses and doctors had to change gloves and aprons before leaving the room so not to spread the infection.
However the cleaner was amazing, used same mop and bucket didn't wear gloves, came in mopped the room then went on her merry way mopping the rest of the ward with the same mop and water.
Good job it as only mrsa i had lol

Thinking about it the cleaner used all the same cloths and cleaning stuff she used on everyone else's rooms lol.
Exactly the same for me.
Catering staff coming in and asking what you want for next meal and when bring the food.
CLEANER? She mopped the floor one day and dusted on another. Toilet wasnt cleaned all week.

Sat in a waiting room a few weeks ago and watched a cleaner clean 2 toilet rooms in about 3 minutes.
Watched a woman checking for dust on tops of door frames and another woman was writing it all down...........two people to check for dust?????

Last edited:
Exactly the same for me.
Catering staff coming in and asking what you want for next meal and when bring the food.
CLEANER? She mopped the floor one day and dusted on another. Toilet wasnt cleaned all week.

Sat in a waiting room a few weeks ago and watched a cleaner clean 2 toilet rooms in about 3 minutes.
Watched a woman checking for dust on tops of door frames and another woman was writing it all down...........two people to check for dust?????

What do managers do?

When I ran the part of an organisation which was responsible for cleaning, I went round a different part of the building every day checking cleaning had been done properly.

No doubt NHS managers are too grand for such basics..

I hate Hospitals but unfortunately I have had little choice about going to them.
Sometimes the problem makes it necessary.

Ditto. When you really need one they are, for the most part, not bad places to be...!

If anyone is worried about getting some infection in hospital...the answer is don't go to hospital.

Well following that principle I would not be typing this now. Sometimes there is no choice if you want to live.

Then there is the old favourite, the otoscope. (The thing they look in your ear with). Now who's ear wax has just been transferred into your orifice? (Yuk!) You'll watch for them swabbing it clean now won't you?
You will often find that the worst offenders of poor aseptic technique are Doctors and Consultants, because some of them feel they are above such basic rules! I've seen some appalling breaches by those who should no better and embarrassed the perpetrators by voicing my objections. What many medical people seem to forget, is that some of us, have a background in various fields, that give us the ability to recognise their 'mistakes'!
Had meeting with senior NHS managers just before Christmas where I brought up this very topic. Gave them something to 'think about' over the festive period, that's for sure.Don't have nightmare's boys and girls!!!:reddevil::reddevil::reddevil:

Do you really think they thought about it over the Chistmas period; Really!!

Well following that principle I would not be typing this now. Sometimes there is no choice if you want to live.

Many appear to be more concerned about going into hospital and getting an infection which kills them anyway.

Many appear to be more concerned about going into hospital and getting an infection which kills them anyway.

Mid Staffs was an extreme example.. but I have known people who caught MRSA in North Staffs hospitals and are still suffering the side effects..

Do you really think they thought about it over the Christmas period; Really!!
well as scans are something that they "dont do at the weekend" and therefore probably not at Christmas either I should guess that they were all at home anyway and not thinking about how they could improve the NHS..

My wife was in hospital for two weeks and the same sticky sweet was under her bed for the full two weeks, would that of happened in the days of matrons, I doubt it. Bring back bleach and wall covering that can be washed down, if anyone in my house gets a deli belly then out comes the bleach and every door handle gets a quick wipe

Latest posts

Back