Horses!!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raceyboy

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
I read a post on here with regard to bees not being able to be kept where theres horses, Is it the horses they dont like or the smell of there dung? I have a compost bin about 12ft away from hive which pongs a bit, would that create a problem for my bees when they arrive? :eek:

I have horses and compost bins not far from my bees - no problems to report here :)

Absolutely - I forgot to mention the horses are not kept in the same field as the bees.
Though the compost bins are.

I have a pony in the same field, he is grey though, or white to the non horse person. Electric fence tape around, not live, no issues so far. I have a friend who had 5 horses of various colours in 2 fields one of which had 7 colonies of bees in. 4 years, no issues. Sadly partner died and shes allergic to stings and has health problems so they've had to go. The bees not the horeses.

I kept bees right next to the horses in Bushy Park never find that a problem, now the donkeys - phew the smell!!

Latest posts

Back