Honeycomb

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

judy12

House Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
I've just started taking off my honeycomb - I use those simple white Thorne's containers to sell it in. Does anyone know what the price for honeycomb is this year?

simple white Thorne's containers
The cheapskate takeaway boxes or the new upmarket HC boxes with rounded corners? Northumberland Honey know how to reach peak price by packaging in tins.

anyone know what the price for honeycomb is this year?
No-one but you can set the price, and don't be led by those who sell cheap; it's a niche product and people will pay properly for it. Given that material prices have risen sharply in the last year, try adding 20% to the price you charged last time. Where does that get you? £12/227g?

Thanks for advice on price.
It's those thin white rectangular plastic containers with slightly rounded corners and the clear pop on tops. Trying to keep the proportion of plastic down. Any other product I'd fancy up but honeycomb? Speaks for itself.

Thanks for advice on price.
It's those thin white rectangular plastic containers with slightly rounded corners and the clear pop on tops. Trying to keep the proportion of plastic down. Any other product I'd fancy up but honeycomb? Speaks for itself.
:iagree: to be honest, the plainness of the carton actually sets off the cut comb perfectly, I find most of the other packaging offering on the market has the opposite effect on the product, just makes the whole thing look rather cheap and tatty

yeah - that really works
One local beek used to sell loose honey at his door into customers own containers. Mostly people brought washed jam jars I understand. Maybe there's mileage in that idea now jar prices have risen? Easy enough to sit a jam jar on small scales I think and it recycles the containers.

One local beek used to sell loose honey at his door into customers own containers. Mostly people brought washed jam jars I understand. Maybe there's mileage in that idea now jar prices have risen? Easy enough to sit a jam jar on small scales I think and it recycles the containers.
Talking of parchment, I’ve seen harder soft-set honey sold in squares like butter

A few years ago, during a. very hot late summer I put a super without frames on a hive thinking to give them some extra air - they immediately filled it with ivy honeycomb. The scent was intoxicating. Took it to the chef of the local hotel. It was a lovely moment, all the kitchen staff, each of us with a big spoon of honeycomb and soft goat's cheese.

Eric...I'll buy some. Would it survive in the post do you think?
It sets like concrete, so it should be fine; I'll send you some of it works out. Had quite a few ivy Ross Rounds last autumn, but they weren't filled enough for sale, so I'll put them back on today for finishing on the ling.

Latest posts

Back