Honey labels tips / checks

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nelletap

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
2 - and a promising bait hive
Hope I have placed this correctly.

Have been trying to find commercial labels that fit in with my own honey and area but found it hard. One of my pet hates is having the main title such as 'honey' in all upper case. It makes the word less easy to read for most people as the shape of a word is the main factor for recognition and using upper case removes the characteristic shape. I have spent so much of my life helping people like dyslexics that it would go against the grain.

So, I am going to try to use the attached label and then use 'bees for development' tamper proof labels with it. I haven't resized it yet but that should not cause any problems. One of the things I have done is use 'Chiltern Honey' instead of Buckinghamshire honey as the county name is such a mouthful. I do live in the Chilterns - and in the area of the Chiltern District and the picture is the view from one of my windows, and I have added produce of Buckingamshire, UK (because there is a Chiltern town or place in the US). Have I inadvertently broken any of the rules? I am not being lazy - I did check it out - but using Chiltern in particular might be doubtful?
Hopefully the link for the picture works.
http://www.beekeepingforum.co.uk/picture.php?albumi
[url]http://www.beekeepingforum.co.uk/album.php?albumid=221&pictureid=1434[/url]

Tricia

Get in touch with trading standards before you go ahead and they will put you right.

Oh well, sorry the link didn't work. It was on the British Beekeepers association wen site. Put Honey Label regulations into search engine

in all upper case. It makes the word less easy to read for most people as the shape of a word is the main factor for recognition
Thats why road signs are not in upper case..

Latest posts

Back