Beekeeping Forum

Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

Amari 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Zinc bath in the kitchen, in front of the old range. Big Belfast sink in the yard with a single, cold tap. Toilet was a climb up a load of stone steps to a small, stone building, (take a bucket of water with you) wire hook with squares of newspaper. Learnt how to scrunch the paper at an early age. ;)
At a guess: Daily Sketch?, TitBits?

Bryang 

Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
4 national
Ah the good old 'slide and glide' paper, there was still some kicking around in the 1980's - I remember it in RAF Locking (well. civilisation hadn't quite arrived there to be fair) and yes, it had the duck's food stamped on every sheet.
I was stationed at RAF Locking 1960/3 as a Trenchard Brat...( Radio aircraft apprentice) ..."slide and glide" was standard issue bog paper for many years...In '65 I had corrective surgery on my bottom lip (kissed a cricket ball and then a rugby boot, and a few punchups).. at RAF Wroughton Hospital Swindon...There were 3 lads in the ward that were having ingrowing hairs removed from around their glory holes...twas a common complaint caused by the bog paper.. Sorry if I'm being a bit graphic..

Erichalfbee 

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Is there room in the cupboard under the stairs to store all this loo paper?

Latest posts