Honey jars

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zinc bath in the kitchen, in front of the old range. Big Belfast sink in the yard with a single, cold tap. Toilet was a climb up a load of stone steps to a small, stone building, (take a bucket of water with you) wire hook with squares of newspaper. Learnt how to scrunch the paper at an early age. ;)

At a guess: Daily Sketch?, TitBits?

Ah the good old 'slide and glide' paper, there was still some kicking around in the 1980's - I remember it in RAF Locking (well. civilisation hadn't quite arrived there to be fair) and yes, it had the duck's food stamped on every sheet.
I was stationed at RAF Locking 1960/3 as a Trenchard Brat...( Radio aircraft apprentice) ..."slide and glide" was standard issue bog paper for many years...In '65 I had corrective surgery on my bottom lip (kissed a cricket ball and then a rugby boot, and a few punchups).. at RAF Wroughton Hospital Swindon...There were 3 lads in the ward that were having ingrowing hairs removed from around their glory holes...twas a common complaint caused by the bog paper.. Sorry if I'm being a bit graphic..

Latest posts

Back