Honey jars

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olivia9801

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Has anyone found a good deal on honey jars recently?

Our local association sells them for £22.50 for a box of 72 with gold lids. They are still doing this despite Covid-19. You have to contact them to arrange collection and pay for them online. But they have been very good in the past. Maybe try your local club....

C. Wynne Jones looks pretty good. 144 1lb jars for £49.50 The Bottle Company South are pretty good as well. :)

I found Freeman and Harding were cheapest for 12oz hex jars

Ressurecting this thread ..

I need to buy some more 12 oz Hexagonal jars .. I've always bought from Pattersons (jars and Bottles) in the past .. usually 500 at a time ... I haven't enough space to store that many more. But - even with their latest Black Friday promotion the jars inc lids and delivery work out at £296.03 for 500 ... 59.2p a jar.

Freeman and Harding are £199.00 for 528 jars inc lids and del (and there's 10% off this for BBKA members) which then works out at 33.9p a jar ... much cheaper.

Has anyone used F & H ... seems like a no brainer to buy the 528 from them unless I'm missing something ?

I've always had good service from Pattersons and I like the fact they ship in smaller boxes inside the outer boxes but it's a heck of a premium to pay for convenience ...

Or has anyone got any better deals for a quantity of 500 x 12oz Hex jars with lids ?

As per an earlier posting I found F&H to be cheapest. They now come in 2 tray boxes rather than wrapped in bobble wrap which makes recycling of packaging easier.

F & H about 8 weeks ago I paid £179.10 inc vat for 528 jars and lids with the 10% off.

Just taken delivery of 1056 12oz hex from F&H (2 packs of 528) - all arrived very quickly and in individual trays of 33 jars each

They did send the wrong lids but replaced them on next day delivery

Cheapest I could find and good service too!

F & H about 8 weeks ago I paid £179.10 inc vat for 528 jars and lids with the 10% off.
Just taken delivery of 1056 12oz hex from F&H (2 packs of 528) - all arrived very quickly and in individual trays of 33 jars each
They did send the wrong lids but replaced them on next day delivery
Cheapest I could find and good service too!
Thanks both ... very reassuring. I also like the fact that they send the jars with lids on ... although my storage is secure and clean the fact that the lids are on is belt and braces .. saves any contamination.

Just whilst we are on about jars ... does anyone use the small 1oz jars as low cost samplers ? They only cost about 14p each plus a label and an oz of honey ... you could almost get a loss leader to sell at 50p for those punters who are not sure ... clearly, with Covid 19, the usual means of tasting is not possible and plastic straws are now outlawed ...

As per an earlier posting I found F&H to be cheapest. They now come in 2 tray boxes rather than wrapped in bobble wrap which makes recycling of packaging easier.
Used F&H for over 10 years with no fuss and very quick delivery (free over £50). Breakages reported with photos within 24 hours will be replaced (happens occasionally). Glad to see the back of the bubble wrap - such a waste and so much of it.

Just whilst we are on about jars ... does anyone use the small 1oz jars as low cost samplers ? They only cost about 14p each plus a label and an oz of honey ... you could almost get a loss leader to sell at 50p for those punters who are not sure ... clearly, with Covid 19, the usual means of tasting is not possible and plastic straws are now outlawed ...
Who does them for 14p? I was selling them for £2.50 for 3 different honeys but the jars were a lot more than that.

Pargyle the lids are separate and come in a large plastic bag, the jars are vacuum sealed wrapped and as mentioned are on trays of 33 x 2 per box. The Black lid with bee on a white flower is a nice touch, in my eyes gives a better presentation then a solid lid colour for the same cost factor.. Though gets partly obscured with my tamper label, I did think about the heat shrink tamper seal for jars but again means a bit more plastic.

Last edited:
Pargyle the lids are separate and come in a large plastic bag, the jars are vacuum sealed and as mentioned are on trays of 33 x 2 per box. The Black lid with bee on a white flower is a nice touch, in my eyes gives a better presentation then a solid lid colour for the same cost factor.. Though gets partly obscured with my tamper label, I did think about the heat shrink tamper seal for jars but again means a bit more plastic.
I read here in their website under the bit about beekeepers pack ...

https://www.freemanharding.co.uk/co...rs-for-beekeepers-and-special-beekeeper-packs
I must have misunderstood the bit about them being loosely assembled ...

Latest posts

Back