honey jars

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justsmith

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Does anyone have a jar supplier that does 1/2lb jars with a screw lid and not a twist off lid?

I just find the screw lids to be easier to take on and off for some people.

Does anyone have a jar supplier that does 1/2lb jars with a screw lid and not a twist off lid?

I just find the screw lids to be easier to take on and off for some people.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the difference between screw lid and a twist off lid?

CVB

One you turn about 90 degrees to lift off the other about 720 degrees.

Screw on lids jamb up and corrode!

Nos da

If you're selling honey and reusing jars, you should still replace the lid, shouldn't you?

I don't find they corrode very quickly, at least not within about four or five years –-if they're used for pickle.

If you're selling honey and reusing jars, you should still replace the lid, shouldn't you?

I don't find they corrode very quickly, at least not within about four or five years –-if they're used for pickle.

We ONLY use new jars with new lids... notice now Compaq put "" clean but not sterile"" on the outers!

Every jar goes through an industrial jar washer to comply with our HACCP!

:sorry: going offtopic

Yeghes da

Doesn't the more complicated manufacture process push the price up?
:hairpull:

should be about the same in mats to make but the batchs might be smaller so the cost goes up that way

for how they make beer bottles (should be the same method for jars), and why you should realy clean bottles before using

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUF_5zrFG9c.

just finding the twist lids more of a pain to work with and harder to dry the lids once i sterilize them. As twist lids have metal rolled around on the edge so water can build up in them

Last edited:
We ONLY use new jars with new lids... notice now Compaq put "" clean but not sterile"" on the outers!

Every jar goes through an industrial jar washer to comply with our HACCP!

:sorry: going offtopic

Yeghes da

I have no problem with reusing jars that have gone through the dishwasher, but not lids. Unless, of course, the honey is staying in the house or going to the family.

I have no problem with reusing jars that have gone through the dishwasher, but not lids. Unless, of course, the honey is staying in the house or going to the family.

Our TS took a dim view of someone who was selling honey in obviously pre used jars... I mean who would sell honey in a Marmite jar!:nono:

Nos da

Back