Honey jar Group purchase

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MuswellMetro

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
As the forum did a group Wax purchase, do people think it would be worth trying to organsise a group Honey jar purchase

a pallet of 15 Gross of 1lb jars is £500 ish delivered, that is £33 per gross and approxamately half the normal price quoted per gross

needs someone who can accept a pallet though ( dont think it would fit in my front garden)

As I remember the only way the group wax worked was it was regionalised and one or perhaps two members did a lot of extra work to make it happen.

So yes if regionalised then yes perhaps it will work again but it will also require one or two people determined to make it work.

Just a note, alot of assosiations do a service like this and charge less than you have quoted, in fact i think my membership gets repaid dozens of times over by buying association Jars, plus i don't have to store + Insure pallet loads of Jars, i just go and collect a car full as/when i'm passing or getting low, i think the association does make a small profit, but i mean small, and why shouldn't they.

I have priced up getting 3-4 pallets and if my memeory is correct i think i would have saved on the initial purchase 50p-£1/gross buying that volume (so guess that's there profit) it also means i don't have so much £ tied up in jars.

C B

I did it for my Assoc last year- bought 30 boxes of 72 jars at low price- sold all on. Worked well
That was from Paynes - they beat all others on prices and -did I shop around!!

Yorkshire BKA has an arrangement like with a large glass supplier in Leeds. Contact the YBKA for details of how to order.

we have a big supplier in Bristol.... already on the case! :bigear:

Latest posts

Back