Honey Allergy?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beenovice

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi, has anyone ever come across a honey allergy. I was just wandering because I have been having the symptoms of a cold for about two months. Severe congestion, runny nose, lots of sneezing, sore throat etc. it's strange because my blocked nose seems to come from a swelling inside my nose. Anyway the point of all this is that 2 months seems to coincide with when I had my first honey crop. I was wondering if the two were related. I have honey on my toast some mornings, but not all.
I do react badly to bee stings

Have you ever eaten honey before you started keeping bees and eating your own?
That might give you a clue.

Go and see your doctor.

Do not take health advice from a forum or tinternet.

Also reacting to stings (a toxin) can not have any correlation to eating honey. (Not a toxin).

Fungi spores really bad this autumn! Are you near woodland? But I agree go see the doctor!

Maybe its the pollen in the honey you are allergic to, your symptoms sound a bit like hay fever, just a thought Chris

I know someone with a propolis allergy which meant that she could not risk honey.

I really have strong doubts about the honey allergy anecdotes.

What is it they are allergic to? Sucrose? Fructose? Glucose? I.e basic sugars?

Or the minuscule amounts of pollen? As a hay fever sufferer, if that amount of pollen gives you 'a reaction' come the summer you would be in intensive care!

Like I said, when it comes to health, ignore all 'advice' on forums and go see a doctor. Even if it is just a persistent cold.

Latest posts

Back