Hives in gardens

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think most of this argument has already been played in several other threads (pretty much word for word).
IMO, the long and short of it is that one would have to make a spur of the moment decision whether to use the pen or not. Hopefully this decision would be based on sound medical advice, but medical advice is often not situation specific and, therefore, people may occasionally go against it.

The chances of getting sued are absolutely minimal unless there was some strong element of willful intent / negligence.

Yep, that about sums it up. And none of us would get sued unless we were acting in a professional capacity - ie we were doctors on the scene and incorrectly administered adrenaline.

It isnt rocket science, in a responsible society of course we want to encourage fellow citizens to save each others lives if at all possible.

it may not be very relevant but when i did my first aid course a few years ago in south ireland. so not uk. the instructor told us a warning story which happened to her. she was a first aider at a rally stage in ireland and a crash happened in her area. so she attened and between one thing and another she had to cut the guys racing suit to get him out and give cpr/mouth to mouth.
the guy made a full recovery and at the time of telling was in the process of sueing her for the cost of the racing suit.

i imagine if i used an epipen on anyone weather right or wrong mr plod would be along quite fast to ask some questions like what the "$%^ do you think you were playing at.

The FACT is, I have an epipen and clearly my medical "expert" understood my reasons for wanting one and could see I was a reasonable, responsible, intelligent adult. If your doctor told you something different, well, who am I to argue with their assessment of you. ;)

I think your getting a little to personal here and by doing so detracts from the points your trying to put across :(

Latest posts

Back