Hive prices

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
we are thinking of upping our hive numbers next year, I'm wondering if its worth getting 10 complete sets in stock so that not scratching about when we are surprised and if it turns out we don't need them they'll be there for the year after, is it wroth phoning around for prices or is it what the websites say ?

Your best bet will be buying in the sales……..like the one just gone:rolleyes:
You can still pre order for collection at the Honey Show, have a look at Thornes website for an idea of sale pricing. Maisemore have a sale on at present & Bee Supplies were advertising their online sale here recently.
All a lot cheaper than buying off the shelf at the point of when you realise you needed it after all.
If you’re referring to ringing for additional discounts further to sale prices go for broke & let us know how it goes.

Buy them in the sales Thornes or Maismores you won’t find cheaper for second items. Next sales should be along at Xmas, rather suspect like most things prices will be increasing.

Buy them in the sales Thornes or Maismores you won’t find cheaper for second items.
Or better quality. I wouldn't be surprised if both Maisie's and Thornes will have another mail order sale to coincide with the conventions, especially as Maisie's at least have said they're not going to be at the Tradex.

I don’t think they’ll be the only ones not in attendance - a shame as TradeX was shaping up to ‘Bee’ the event to attend as far as I was concerned.

BeeTradex is going to be larger than in previous years, instead of being dominated by a few large manufactures it is being opened up to smaller companies as well as promoting the trade in locally reared nucs and queens.

Buy them in the sales Thornes or Maismores you won’t find cheaper for second items. Next sales should be along at Xmas, rather suspect like most things prices will be increasing.
I naturally disagree,

Last edited by a moderator:
For me TradeX was improving year on year. The main manufacturers were there which is great in my opinion, preorders and wax exchange. Good to see the jar manufacturers also and see their ranges in the flesh as opposed to pretty online pictures which are not the same. Handy also for those who don’t order large quantities of glass for good deals and collections.
Main draw for me, the shiney shiney stuff - this was the major event to see European manufacturers equipment in the flesh. Logan, KonyCogNogNog (spelling may be incorrect but I can’t pronounce their trading name anyhow!), Abelo, Swienty, Fritz, the Italian lot plus the Frenchies………..the list was getting better every year. Plus a reasonable location - Harpur Adam’s, a lovely venue but pain in the arse to get to from here.
Smaller companies, promoting of nuc’s & locally produced queens…………..think I’ll wait to see the international line up before buying a ticket:cool:

I think more will follow. There may be other reasons than economic.
We at BeeTradex have not been told that any company is not attending, companies come and go, some are not financially as well placed as others and may see some shows as too expensive.

Just as most things, the advantages are to give other companies a chance to flourish, I can confirm both ticket and stand sales are going well. We have the resources to be able to build on the success of past years.

Another advert for Patrick in the general forum. Who said it was becoming the bee equipment forum?
If you are allowed to continually jump in to counter any criticism of your company(s) or its products, then other vendor should be allowed to do so as well in the general sections. Is this the case now as it was never previously allowed?

Another advert for Patrick in the general forum. Who said it was becoming the bee equipment forum?
If you are allowed to continually jump in to counter any criticism of your company(s) or its products, then other vendor should be allowed to do so as well in the general sections. Is this the case now as it was never previously allowed?
Patrick is allowed to discuss his products if somebody asks a question about them on the general forum.

Let’s not get too petty folks - we can all choose what to read or not.
Worse case scenario we all get fed up with mono drone & bugger off.
I think Patrick has come in for a bit of flak lately, fondant springs to mind, this thread is in danger of heading in the same direction……….time will tell.

I have no issue with Patrick or any other supplier fighting their corner if forum rules allow them to, not forgetting they also pay to use the forum.

You are being too harsh, even Brazil recognizes the right of reply as a legal constitutional right.
And other vendors?
Tall trees catch the most wind. Other vendors can and do comment/use this forum, some of whom choose to keep their profile lower.
As WoodBeam said
---not get too petty folks - we can all choose what to read or not. Worse case scenario we all get fed up with mono drone & bugger off.---snip---

Latest posts

Back