Himalayan Balsam (Impatiens glandulifera)

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The amount on the Warwickshire avon increases every year.:party:

I'd say it's occasional on the ACFOR scale (abundant common frequent occasional rare).

Plenty where I am .. bees still rolling home with white backs! I let them keep this for winter - so their bonus harvest (maybe that's why they're working so hard :confused:)

My bees have been bringing this in for the last month and were still busy bringing it in this morning.

Mine were very keen on it about a month ago (for about three weeks). But, being female, they are a fickle lot and have now turned their attentions to the blessed ivy!

Mine coming in with the appropriate markings - but I don't know where it is- nowhere in sight of the hives. Colonies 3 miles apart and all have it :hurray:

How many depend on or rely on for help on Himalayan Balsam (Impatiens glandulifera) please?
I do but then ,until some bureaucrat sends out a team of balsam bashers :puke:,
my bees do very well on it ,also Japanese knotweed OMG ,now that is an invasive weed :willy_nilly:, every insect around loves diving in amongst the panacles of white flowers produced right now :sifone:.

John Wilkinson

It's everywhere around here and the bees are still working it

I should clarify. I have seen the white pollen indicator on the thorax, but not seen a flow as such. Interesting.

Bees do nothing invariably dear friends and we had better be aware of it.

PH

Big flow indeed for one of my hives in a woodland.
I wish you would remove the silly link to photo bucket :biggrinjester:.
I know you use it as a signature but I'm often kidded into clicking on it, especially when you post one liners and I think it pertains to the subject line .
Somehow I don't think I'm the only one so misled ?

John Wilkinson

Masses of the stuff around my hives they are still working it and the balsam isnt showing signs of going over yet.

I wish you would remove the silly link to photo bucket :biggrinjester:.
I know you use it as a signature but I'm often kidded into clicking on it, especially when you post one liners and I think it pertains to the subject line .
Somehow I don't think I'm the only one so misled ?

John Wilkinson
Having just seen my post, I can see what you mean.
I will duly remove it!:iagree:

Back