What's going on

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
The year seems to be racing ahead, our produce season has been compressed with lots of strawberries but in a short period, the Himalayan Balsam has started early and I see one of our hives has started throwing out drones. Have others noted a difference ?

The year seems to be racing ahead, our produce season has been compressed with lots of strawberries but in a short period, the Himalayan Balsam has started early and I see one of our hives has started throwing out drones. Have others noted a difference ?
Have you checked they have stores?
If they are starving they will eject drones.
I still have drones flying, but have just seen one drone brood being dragged out.

No drones being kicked out as yet and one of the colonies had one frame full of drones !!!!

Working like crazy, a whole acre of bee friendly plants half a mile away still to flower. Just removed another couple of boxes of honey. Loads of nectar still coming in. After all..... It is mid summer :icon_204-2: :icon_204-2: :icon_204-2:

All mine have found the balsalm now, but I think they are also on thistle and heather - can't believe it's only midsummer! 😂
There was a small group of Himalayan Balsam plants just getting established in a dyke alongside my land. They were coming into flower one day. The next day one of our horses had spotted them, leaned over the fence and nibbled the flowers off. 😪

There was a small group of Himalayan Balsam plants just getting established in a dyke alongside my land. They were coming into flower one day. The next day one of our horses had spotted them, leaned over the fence and nibbled the flowers off. 😪
Cows like them too.

Latest posts

Back