High-Tec Beekeeping

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please don't re-start the war of the roses :), Us Lancastrians won the first one :hat:
As regards high tech, my opinion is that it has it's place but some exponents do tend to use technology for its' own sake rather than any real improvement to the situation .:conehead:
I agree Yorkshire does lead us Lancs in technology:)
I believe youngsters in Bradford inject ecstacy directly into the mouth parts
I believe they call it Ee By Gum :svengo:.
John

Last edited:
Is this a, " MY country is better than yours" competition? Even though Yorkshire is not (yet?) a country. Think I had better go and watch reruns of X factor.

Watch it Finman. I am mostly on polyhives. My bees are snuggly warm. My wooden hive has a poly jacket.

The logic is:
Bees evolved in the Tropics
There is no benefit to bees having a dormant periods (so long as varroa is controlled) and there is appropriate nutrition available.

true or not?

I would adopt high tech beekeeping if you can identify the critical success factor that needs to be measured.

if you can identify the critical success factor that needs to be measured.

To me succes factor is high honey yield. If you do mnot mind about that, it is same what you do.

ANNNNNNNNNNND good yield comes from good pastures. What ever tech you have, but if you have not good pastures, you get nothing.

Is this a, " MY country is better than yours" competition? Even though Yorkshire is not (yet?) a country. Think I had better go and watch reruns of X factor.

Ey, what, how, why??? What do you mean Yorkshire is not a country?? Our elders on last of the summer wine have been lying to us all along...............

Back to subject matter though. The problem with technicallity is that it often over complicates things. Sometimes less is more. Bees have done well enough through history without technicallity coming into it. However if our universities and schools (Collectively and not just UK) can help crack some of the problems then I think it is very necessary to make sure we embrace their ideas. I guess it comes back to my original point of respecting the old and embracing the new.

Ey, en over complicates things. Sometimes less is more. Bees have done well enough through history without technicallity coming into it. However if our universities and schools (Collectively and not just UK) can help crack some of the problems then I think it is very necessary to make sure we embrace their ideas. I guess it comes back to my original point of respecting the old and embracing the new.

Thank you Mission for understanding the original question and not just jumping up and down because the word Technology is used. (you would think I had used the B word)

There is a phrase used in many hobbies and activities "all the gear and no idea" if you understand this you will not end up like one!

LOL I was waiting from the fallout regards Yorkshire not being a seperate country.

Regards technology in beekeeping can anyone think of a product that has made major changes in the last 25 years?

LOL I was waiting from the fallout regards Yorkshire not being a seperate country.

It looks like United Yorkshires and the flag

yorkshire-map.gif

40819517_431a4605d8.jpg

Regards technology in beekeeping can anyone think of a product that has made major changes in the last 25 years?

I don't know the dates and I know already that people may feel it necessary to let me know. But Fumidil B, Apistan, Oxailic Acid and Thymol are all new(ish) additions to the beekeeping tool kit.

As I said I don't know when each was introduced but they are all good examples of technology coming into play with apiculture.

Finman please don't encourage them,its bad enough as it is:rofl:

Absolutely Finman, Self praise is no recommendation!

There is no one piece of tech that will guarantee high honey yield is there, but if you put it in order, would you say

good pastures
good queens
lots of bees

and then where do you put whether you feed, or treat with OA, or use a hive heater?

please someone bring this thread back on the technology line.

Jim is peddling??? My bloomin Ferrit has to run round a wheel all night to make enough electricity to power this sinclair spectrum!! Now that is technology at work..................

Latest posts

Back