hi wanted mentor shrewsbury area

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rogerrabbit

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
hi I live just out shrewsbury Shropshire im looking for amentor to show me the way into bee keeping swarm collecting and any thing else I need to know thank you roger

Hi, I live a bit far away to be a mentor, down in knighton, but we do have an informal group of us that meet three or so times a year. If you want to see inside a hive I am sure one of us could help you out. Do you have bees at all, are you just starting, do you have any equipment, a suit etc. I am sure we can offer some help!
E

hi I live just out shrewsbury Shropshire im looking for amentor to show me the way into bee keeping swarm collecting and any thing else I need to know thank you roger

Hi Roger, just south of Shrewsbury I mentor a group of six beginners for Ludlow Beekeepers (about to start the practical sessions for the "summer"). Always have time for a trainee prepared to work alongside on the apiaries and learn along the way - not everyone can get to formal courses or, for various reasons, learns better by other routes. I do have a mentee in Shrewsbury and another at Hope but the season tends to get fairly frantic so it's an occasional visit as needed. Swarm collecting needs insurance so you would need to join a Beekeeping Association to gain experience of that: not all would agree but someone has to pay the bill when your ladder goes through someone's greenhouse roof (hopefully unaccompanied :S).

If I can help please contact me; I live in Shrewsbury

Roger can I suggest you join the North Shropshire Bee keepers. They meet weekly at the Association apiary at Pim Hill and have members all over Shropshire. Very friendly group.

Latest posts

Back