help

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whoosling

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
After a prolonged spell of family illness and bereavement haven't looked at my hive for a couple of months, now there are lots of bees with no brood eggs lava or queen, can I introduce a new queen in this situation or will they die out. Sorry if this is a silly question.

You need to find out if they really do not have a queen
I see you have three hives in your profile. Can you put in a test frame?
If not...can you beg a few sq.cm of eggs from somebody in the local BKA

should change my profile only have the one hive, have had a really bad year

Bees left to there own devices rarely end up queenless, it's usuallythrough the beekeeper this happens. Probably a virgin present, just hasn't started to lay. There are various indications that this is the case if you no what to look for.

Bees left to there own devices rarely end up queenless, it's usuallythrough the beekeeper this happens. Probably a virgin present, just hasn't started to lay. There are various indications that this is the case if you no what to look for.

:iagree:

Unfortunately not much to go on, but I'd hazard a guess they've swarmed, a new queen has emerged and she's yet to start laying. A test frame would be the only way to move closer to the fact

Thanks all i'll have to beg some brood from someone

Which part of sunny Somerset are you based?
What type of hive do you use?

Latest posts

Back