Help+support

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Defra rules don't bind anyone or anything beyond the scope of the rules. They won't apply in a case such as this. They do not give a legal definition that will be followed in every case.
Ultimately it's for the council to make its case. Give them hurdles to jump over and they'll stumble or baulk.

Hivemaker is correct. Bees are food producing therefore 'livestock'.

do yourself and other beekeepers a favour and do the responsible thing, get an out apiary.
Its not worth the grief and hassle it WILL cause both you and your neighbours.

I agree, you have some good advice. Bored now!!!!

I told the neighbour if they came to me with concerns that I will happily move the bees.
So they just went and shopped me anymore advice
More than one person has advised you to talk to your neighbour - calmly and sensibly and try to resolve this issue on your own.
Also I didn't get tenant agreement I succeeded a tenancy.
You will not have succeeded the tenancy without having to sign an agreement of your own. You should have a copy. If you have lost it, then ask the council to provide you with a duplicate.
Can you find out the tenancy agreement.
And find out if the rules about bees are the same in Norwich.
You need to check your own tenancy agreement, Norwich is not Leicester and may have different rules.
Tell me what would you like to do I will take all your advice on board I just need help and some good advice.
Tell me what would you do.
You have had close on a hundred replies offering advice. I suggest you read them and take on board what people are saying - even if you don't like it.
Well I have contacted Rutland bbka they circulating my email address and I'm on land share.
Jenkins it's doesn't say nothing about bees nor rules correct

Hm I told the neighbour if they came to me with concerns that I will happily move the bees.
So they just went and shopped me anymore advice
Your tenancy agreement may not say anything about bees, it may (and does seem to) refer to livestock. Government describes bees as livestock. Your council will accept the description given by central government that bees are livestock - they do not have to have a separate category or description.

Your council has a website. Your council has a section of its' website dedicated to tenancy issues, including a full copy of the tenancy agreement. It is on this page. http://www.leicester.gov.uk/your-co...ousing/tenancy-information/tenancy-agreement/
A link from that page takes you to this document :
http://www.leicester.gov.uk/EasySiteWeb/GatewayLink.aspx?alId=64884

Each area of your city has Tenants and Residents Associations. Once you have talked to your neighbour, and if you haven't managed to resolve things, you may like to contact the one for your area. You can find them here : http://www.leicester.gov.uk/your-co...ow-you-can-get-involved/formal-options/taras/

If you are still stuck then you will get up-to-date, impartial and locally-relevant advice from your local citizens advice bureau. The details are somewhere within this thread.

Bear in mind that the internet is not a good place to have a private discussion, and this thread now comes quite high in search results for "Leicester beekeeping".

That definition is not binding in law. It is just one of a number of definitions of livestock.

I think you'll find that in any UK regulation bees are classed as livestock - not pets, not domesticated - livestock.

Back