Hello Newbie

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeeFarmer

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hello,

I'm new to beekeeping and new to this site. I have joined the local association (NBKA) and looking forward to starting the beginners course in a few weeks times.

J

hi and welcome you will enjoy this forum, at times its good entertainment also educational enjoy

:welcome:
In your Assoc try to get a 'buddy' to mentor you for a year. Best way to learn.

Hello,

I'm new to beekeeping and new to this site. I have joined the local association (NBKA) and looking forward to starting the beginners course in a few weeks times.

J

Welcome.
Hope you enjoy it here.
There is a newly created Beginners section if you feel you need it.

Silliest question, but What is the safest and best preservatives/paint for a hive. I understand they are not all bee friendly. And are there any products to specifically avoid?

Silliest question, but What is the safest and best preservatives/paint for a hive. I understand they are not all bee friendly. And are there any products to specifically avoid?

Well I use cupranol shades.

If you type painting hives into the google search (top left) it will bring up a number of threads with plenty of alternatives.

Well I use cupranol shades.

If you type painting hives into the google search (top left) it will bring up a number of threads with plenty of alternatives.

I use Shades as well ... water based, no solvents, dries quickly - appears to repel water and stays well without fading ... Not the cheapest solution but it goes a long way.

I use Shades as well ... water based, no solvents, dries quickly - appears to repel water and stays well without fading ... Not the cheapest solution but it goes a long way.
as some of you know i am a newbee i have used shades on my hives bees seem happy with it

Shades

Looks like it will be shades....just 1 of over 50 shades of bee

Thanks. Much easier than reading hundreds of labels!

Back