Hello from the Isle of Wight

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adamiow

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hello all

Completely new to the world of beekeeping. After watching a programme this week where they visited a bee farm of around 70 hives in the uk, I subsequently have watched a couple of YouTube videos about the hobby which im finding fascinating.

If anyone could point me in the direction of a local course or if there any members local to me that could point me in the right direction on where to start with the hobby, I would be grateful.

Many thanks

Adam

What part of the island are you ?
Hi

I live in Sandown, however I have a small plot of land near Calbourne that I am doing nothing with, and am thinking this could be interesting hobby to get into and put the land to a bit of use.

:welcome: from God's own country not worthy

Hello there : ) be careful of these mainlanders haha

I'm in Newport, the capital :D like you I have land with bees on else where. Have you looked and handled be at all?

Hi Wightbees

Never even seen a hive up close yet. Looking for somewhere on the island to do some learning classes and get some hands on experience.

You could join the local iwbka but if your wanting more I could help you possibly.

If you could help that would be great. Would be great to actually see a hive and find out a bit more about it all.

Ok, I have a few suits, large and medium so one should fit. You'll need marigolds and wellies, marigolds in new packet please. Once you get to 10 post you can pm me your phone number. I'm bit busy this weekend so it will most likely be the next weekend. I have bees in all different locations on the island so I'm not sure which area we will visit just yet.

That would be great ��

I'm away next week until Sunday, then the Mrs has got me working Sunday at the county show, but if could have a look at a hive thee following week, that would be great.

Sure, just remind me and we can arrange a time.

Back