Hello from Sutton Coldfield

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hello - nice to be here!

About three years ago we inherited a lot of equipment from a bee keeper who unfortunately was allergic to stings and his colony had died out. Not knowing what they had died from we burned the hive and built a new one, and also attended our local bee keeping association's course. Then Covid happened, and we never got bees. I didn't want to buy bees as our local association worries about introducing disease from different parts of the country, so were hoping for some local bees.
A week ago someone I worked with remembered I wanted bees and told me she had a small swarm in her porch. Having watched lots of YouTube videos we set off with a cardboard box, a sheet and a broom and collected the swarm and settled them into our hive. They seem happy and super calm - they haven't stung anyone yet and only occasionally bounce off you to tell you to go away. As a welcome to the garden present we brought them a load of bee friendly plants but they are more than happy just eating sugar syrup at the moment.

Welcome to the forum.
Post any questions you have in the beginners section and pop your location in your profile.
Time to look in those bees, don’t you think? I would stop feeding till you do. Come back and tell us what you find.

Latest posts

Back