Hello from Lincs

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
3 + 3 nucs
Just a quick hello to introduce myself. Have been planning to keep bees for several years now and we are just about prepared to start next year after getting the area where we want to set up hives finally ready. (Although still haven't settled on the type of hive we will start with!)

Based in Holbeach and have already enquired about joining my local association and to go on the beginners course in the Spring.

So hello, will most likely be lurking and learning!

Hi and welcome.
I am about 10 miles up the road from you, just in Norfolk.
I belong to the West Norfolk & Kings Lynn Beekeepers Association and amongst our 200 or so members there are quite a few your side of the river, Long Sutton, Holbeach, Spalding & Tydd areas. Have a look at
www.wnklba.co.uk
They run great educational courses (includes a first year mentor), a bulk buy scheme and sell nuc's from their training apiary.
good luck

Pete

I have gathered there are quite a few people around this area, there's even someone selling local honey a few houses down my road... may eventually get brave enough to go talk to them!

bee-smillie Hello and welcome.
Yes, do go and talk to your fellow beeks, and join in any opportunity to see stocks being handled. It's a great way to see the endless variety of ways of keeping bees and in different hive types - there's nothing like practical demonstration/experience. You might be given the chance to handle bees yourself before committing to a course - so you can decide whether it really is something that's for you (it doesn't suit everyone, despite enthusiasm for the idea of keeping bees). Once you're in, you'll no doubt be hooked, but be warned, it can become obsessive, expensive, and take up a lot of space!!:rolleyes:

Back