Bonjour from France!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MasMassive

New Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
Hi
I'm a beekeeper based in the south of France. Been an <<apicultrice>> for about 5 years, as a hobby, and have 2 - 3 hives. We are not in the area hit by heatwave this year although last year was dreadful and the harvest severely reduced because of it. We also have a big problem with asian hornet, although again not as bad as last year (so far). Joined the forum as I have a specific question which I will upload in a separate thread.
Just wanted to say hi

Hi
I'm a beekeeper based in the south of France. Been an <<apicultrice>> for about 5 years, as a hobby, and have 2 - 3 hives. We are not in the area hit by heatwave this year although last year was dreadful and the harvest severely reduced because of it. We also have a big problem with asian hornet, although again not as bad as last year (so far). Joined the forum as I have a specific question which I will upload in a separate thread.
Just wanted to say hi
Hi and welcome

Hi there!
I too am an apicultrice (in Picardy) with 3 hives in my third season! A huge flow of honey despite the drought conditions (hooray 9.5 mm rain last night, first rain for over a month!!) as we are between a huge forest and the plain with sunflowers (smothered with bees) and buckwheat. I saw the first 2 AHs last week who didnt seem to be hunting yet. Last summer was appalling for Asian Hornets. Heartbreaking.

Apicultrice - what a lovely name - the only English name I know is bee-wife, unless anyone knows of a better.

Apiarist is gender-neutral.
As every other noum in the English language...This is as if someone couldn't be bother working it out 🤣

@MasMassive, bienvenue sur le Forum....Just to be biased, unless it is Aquitaine, other regions are not worth mentioning 😉

As every other noum in the English language...This is as if someone couldn't be bother working it out 🤣

@MasMassive, bienvenue sur le Forum....Just to be biased, unless it is Aquitaine, other regions are not worth mentioning 😉
MDR! Can we say départements beginning with A? I’m in the Aude

Apicultrice indicates female gender Vs apiculteur if my french serves me.
Apiarist is gender-neutral.
Welcome!
Well done apiculteur or apicultrice depending on gender. There’s a whole lexicon as you might imagine!

Apiarist is gender-neutral
As every other noum in the English language
What about Welsh? - it's not just nouns that have genders it's still a struggle now when I'm asked to do any urgent translations in work. I remember my schooldays stressing in an exam, trying to remember the gender of a fridge freezer

What about Welsh? - it's not just nouns that have genders it's still a struggle now when I'm asked to do any urgent translations in work. I remember my schooldays stressing in an exam, trying to remember the gender of a fridge freezer
Yes, that's true. Every object also has a gender...and so it should be!

Latest posts

Back