Heatwave coming

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
12 degrees this afternoon, shed loads of bright yellow pollen going in. Christ only knows where they are finding it.
:)

likewise, 12c and collecting from somewhere but ignoring the snowdrops and Heather in the garden that i planted to give them early pollen, crocus are out in the local park

I'll second the worst Scottish winter.We NEVER see snow here in our little corner of S W of Dumfries and Galloway-- NOT TRUE--we've had feet of the stuff together with hard frosts at night and sometimes allday.Temp went up a bit today and bees flying well also chomping hard at their candy.Bit of pollen coming in mostly snowdrops with a bit of whins (gorse).Still it's dry though which makes a pleasant change from the feet of rain this past winter.Sycamore buds look as though they might break in the next few weeks together with our 250 biomass willows which provide so much early pollen.

Apparently, March is going to be a disaster overall with a bright patch. See accuweather.com (Piers Corbyn). I'd rather believe him than the warmist corrupted Met Office.
There definitely seems to be a north-south divide.

likewise, 12c and collecting from somewhere but ignoring the snowdrops and Heather in the garden that i planted to give them early pollen, crocus are out in the local park

from my understanding you better asking your neighbors to plant the flowers for the bees, I think bees skip over the first 15m :)

Apparently, March is going to be a disaster overall with a bright patch. See accuweather.com (Piers Corbyn). I'd rather believe him than the warmist corrupted Met Office.
There definitely seems to be a north-south divide.

So what does "disaster overall with a bright patch" really mean?

and what about the north south divide, does that mean it can't be sunny in Yorkshire when it is persisting it down in Lancashire?

Have Piers Corbyn's 'predictions' proved correct for every month for the past 12 months?

So what does "disaster overall with a bright patch" really mean?

and what about the north south divide, does that mean it can't be sunny in Yorkshire when it is persisting it down in Lancashire?

Have Piers Corbyn's 'predictions' proved correct for every month for the past 12 months?

No piers has not been correct 100% but his long range forcast is about 80% rather than the Mets long range 100% miss on a warmer than average winter

He predicted the major storm 3 months before it hit cockermouth but put it further east in his one month ahead forcast,

My firm bought his 3 month and one month predicitions and his cold spells so far are pretty accurate, but he predicted a major storm 27th/28th and cloudy storms for today and tomorrow and we have brilliant sun shine in the SE.not always that accurate on position as the storm went through france not us.

but at least he predicts the storm period a month in advance, more than the met does

but for whats its worth his end of march forcast is wet, cold and cloudy with a major storm at the end of the month...on the good side he predicts second week is dry warm and spring like ...get the girls ready to forage

Last edited:
Well i was outside working in a T shirt. It was lovely and warm here today, until you went in the shade that was lol

He predicted the major storm 3 months before it hit cockermouth

Sorry MM but thats fantasy island stuff, not a single national weather forcasting organisation can forcast a storm even 3 weeks away!

I predict strong winds during the second half of October 2010, sorted :)

£120 please lol

Well i was outside working in a T shirt. It was lovely and warm here today, until you went in the shade that was lol

That because you are in france...well at least almost :)

As a kid my parents convinced me i would need passport to go to IOW as it was abroad, but then it was a paddle steamer from portsmouth and puff puff trains all the way to ventnor

Temp got to 7.6c here today but felt a lot warmer in the sun, bees out flying for first time in a good few days. Cleansing flights all over wife's washing, good thing she thinks the world of the bees. All she said was "well they have to go somewhere" then put the washing back in the machine.

It's back down to -2 C on Glacier Hill. But could be up to 7 C at mid-day.

If it doesn't warm up soon, the Daffs will be late for the Gold Cup . . .

FG

Our Daffs are only thro the ground about 2 inches , minus 6 last night , the ground is white with frost and as hard as iron ,I don't expect to see any flying bees 'til after lunch.

Latest posts

Back