Guest status.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poly Hive

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
12 and 18 Nucs
Just looked at the stats for this time. 20-50pm, and there are 27 members on the site and 29 guests.

I appreciate that guests are not able to post, but I wonder if allowing guests unlimited access for ever and a day is reasonable?

We the membership are losing out from what they might post, and they in turn are putting a strain on the servers to our detriment.

Would it be an idea to limit their ability to access the site to say 14 days after which they join or are stopped from browsing?

PH

Are the guests members in stealth mode? OOh I see I am currently in stealth mode. Shall I come out and see if a guest disappears?

Are the guest really putting strain on the server?! i can't say I have noticed.

I am sure there are three types of lurkers on the forum... (apart from the ones that creep around bushes!)

experience beeks who use us for reference - if they have something to add, i am sure they would jump in.

pontential beeks - those that want to learn at a slow pace by listening to the more experienced beeks debating, but are not ready to ask questions.

beeks that are too shy to ask - some of the members can be rather abrubt in there answers, and the fear of a new beek being shot down in public through lack of knowledge can be quite intimedating

my daughter lurks on here sometimes just to do a bit of basic learning, but has always been too shy to contribute.

Looks like you are showing as a guest too BKP :) probably you are in invisible mode too?

a lot of the 'guests' are robots spying on the forum

Well I have eventually managed to unstealth... so you can seee I'm not a robot.

I "guested" for a while before I became a member... This forum is the best source of beeking info on the net.

Ben P

I thought there was a limit for guests, when I found the website it would only let me read 5 threads before asking me to register.

The Forum shows up well in Google - I've seen posts appearing within a few hours. People accessing from a search engine will show up as guests I think. Of course they could all be from GCHQ but I'll leave that speculation up to others!

The Forum shows up well in Google - I've seen posts appearing within a few hours. People accessing from a search engine will show up as guests I think. Of course they could all be from GCHQ but I'll leave that speculation up to others!
Lol:smilielol5::rofl::smilielol5:

As above, I think there is already a limit to how many times you can browse or view, then you have to register, that is what happened to me , it says something like you have used up your free or exceeded your limit.
Tony

i didn't realise that members could block their ids and appear as guests. i just assumed, as above, that guests were just those people accessing the forum posts directly from google etc.

Wasn't aware of the guest guise myself though I canna see much point in that.

Interesting the number of browses are limited too, so Admin has defences up and running, good man that he is.

PH

Latest posts

Back