Greetings

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ausbee

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Number of Hives
None as of yet.
A smalll introduction:

In the Summer I read a book about keeping bees (Keeping bees - Looking after an Apiary, I now know, after some further reading, that it gives barely any useful information, I do not recomend it to anyone), that really interested me in beekeeping. After reading Haynes bee manual (awesome book) and another german one, I was sure that I wanted to keep bees. For christmas I hope to get a few other books recommended on this thread from my parents. Our garden is quite large and we know our neighbors quite well, so I hope there won't be any problems in our suburban area. In January/ February there will be some begginers lessons with some practical sessions later on that I will attend to. I hope everything will go well.

If you want a really useful book go for "Guide to Bees and Honey" by Ted Hooper MBE. Best there is and Am..zon cheapest. Another book worth having is by De Bruyn and another is "The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Beekeeping" edited jointly by Roger Morse (a Yank) and Ted Hooper. The latter is quite expensive and difficult to find. Mine was imported from US. This would be about enough to send you to sleep for a while and I would be surprised if these were not enough for almost ever. Get some bees and enjoy. Good luck.

HGA

Latest posts

Back