Greetings from Suffolk

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnBee1480

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
None yet
This my first step into bee keeping. I plan to start in earnest next year and am currently in the planning stage, attending course, acquiring hives and equipment, developing my site. I want to take this year to familiarize myself with all things 'bee'.rugby22rugby22rugby22

Hi JohnBee1480,

Welcome to the Forum!

You're very wise to take time to learn and to plan - it won't go amiss.

But if you can get some regular hands-on time, it will offset the frustration at not yet having started.

Lots of good stuff here - but keep in mind that opinions vary and, IMHO, most things seem to work ok. Bees seem fairly forgiving of living conditions - less forgiving of poor handling. But taking time does allow you to form your own prejudiced opinions! [It did for me!]

Dusty

Yep. I might see if anyone wants a volunteer among local association members.

What's IMHO?

:welcome:
IMHO is "in my humble opinion" :)

Thank you for the enlightenment!
Hi John,

Welcome to the Forum. I only started last year myself and you do have to learn fast and you will learn a healthy respect for your girls.
Where in Suffolk are you? I am in Suffolk near Bury St Edmunds myself and you are welcome if passing anytime.

Very kind. Thanks. I'm in Newmarket so Bury St Edmunds almost a stone's throw. Once I've finished my intro course I'd be delighted to pay a visit.

I chose John Bee as a username to remember my far far distance forefather who, I fancy, 'kept' skeps up Runham way in Norfolk back in the 1400's.

Hope to be in touch in due course!

Latest posts

Back