Green house walls finaly finished.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hedgerow pete

Queen Bee
Reaction score
UK, Birmingham, Sandwell. Pork scratching Bandit c
Hive Type
National
I have been collecting scrap conservatory plastic off cuts for about 4 months now, i have finialy collected enough to finsh the sides off today. It ranges from 10mm single wall to 45mm triple wall, all I have done is cut a selection down to fit.so sat i have found enough pieces to make a panel 1.8m tall i then trim all of them down to thw width of the shortest width, then screw them up with a spacer batten at the new end edge, then trundle off and find a another section. All the sheets go into the ground by around a foot or a bit less. to stop the chickens digging under it.

All I have to do now is start the collection for the roof sections.

It was coverd in a plastic sheet called MONOFLEX, we use it on site as a scaffold outer covering, it is a mesh reinforced plastic sheet with reasonable UV properties, the down side is after about three years the plastic film goes brittle and cracks out leaving you with a mesh green house covering rather than a solid one, ha ha ha.

chickens by the way did not help even when i asked them too,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so start with a heap
PIC_3067.jpg

then sides
PIC_3071.jpg

ending up with
PIC_3074.jpg
PIC_3076.jpg

as you can see lots of light shining through even with the opac stuff
PIC_3077.jpg

It won't be winning the "New Build of the Year" competition 'cos it ain't pretty - but if there is a competiiton for recycling it should stand a good chance. A good project and ready just in time I think.

I also particularly like the punishment cell for stray cats hanging from the roof. A great feature. Every garden should have one but best not to let the Cats' Protection League know about it.

dont get me started with ferrel cats, things are every where.

the roof is going to take some thinking about , i want the whole lot to be dry and drip free (for once) so a straight joint is not wanted so i shall have to overlap, but with the different thicknesses and shapes thats going to be a stinker of a problem

Latest posts

Back