Glass crown boards

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yoy have so bad insulation in uk that your "winter" feels cold.

We have in houses an in bee cluster temp 23 the whole winter. We have now 3 glasses in windows.
Perhaps e windos on you hive help. By the way, close that mesh floor.

We have a proverb: shut the door, the heat is byed

When are you expecting your first snow Finman?

skyhook, thanks for explaning....

I've never lost an overwintering colony so will continue to use a glass cover board.

Perhaps I should repeat that there is a thick square of insulation on top.

really?

"Excellent; snow is the best!!"

This was us second week of March - the plough had been up half way through the blizzard so the road isn't anywhere near as deep as the virgin bits - was shoulder height up the hill at home - chickens and cats weren't best pleased. Like the UK was the worst snow fall for 30 years - just a little more fell!!!!

At least BA made it in this time despite the record snowfall in the city of Bologna itself!!!!

That is such a stunning photo - thanks, I'm going to add it to my pc background collection.

Are your hives underneath there somewhere?

;-)

snow

no hives until may this year BUT the chicken houses were buried - have nice clip that the missus took on the morning after - panning around the whited out scene from back door until the white mounds spotted followed by exclamation of "oh F**K the chickens!" and the camcorder being dropped!

white mounds

Just to clarify for anyone who is confused - 1) the missus isn't in the habit of parading topless through winter wonderlands and 2) the mounds were the chicken HOUSES not the chickens themselves!!!

Latest posts

Back