Giving up - what to do?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi beefriendly. Bit of late reply in thread but im getting my new queen from Beckys bees. We got our cedar hives from her and collected them from her place in andover. She was very helpful and im hoping that she hasnt guided us wrong with the queen weve ordered. Fingers crossed for spring and our new queen calming our girls down.

The wife has to go!

Is that an option?

Probably quite expensive + you'd have to buy your mom a washing machine for Xmas & Electric blanket for yourself in the short term?

So I've just finished the second year of beekeeping
(it's kept at the end of the garden),....?

There's your problem!

It's an elementary mistake lots make.

There are lots of alternatives, just need to explore them.

Last edited:
Gentle queens,avoid perfumes and make sure your bee suit is away from any clothes she may wear in the garden. Sounds ominous though. I would miss bee keeping to much and would try for an out apiary.

Stephen

Hi beefriendly. Bit of late reply in thread but im getting my new queen from Beckys bees. We got our cedar hives from her and collected them from her place in andover. She was very helpful and im hoping that she hasnt guided us wrong with the queen weve ordered. Fingers crossed for spring and our new queen calming our girls down.

Last year really dangerous bees; would wait outside and attack us or neighbours a long way from apiary. Phoned Becky's bees and took advice on the best queen. Wonderful. They are just a joy to deal with now.

Back