Giant killer bees.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biglongdarren

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
20+
just watching this video on youtube about them,it says that in Arizona alone there could be 5 million hives of them?
how come there doing so well for themselves??
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUWuYryL_ZY&feature=related[/ame]

Darren

Don't much care so long as they don't come here.

in Arizona alone there could be 5 million hives of them?

I daresay there is space for five million hives in Arizona - I wouldn't dipute that. At the other extreme (under-exaggerating instead of exaggerating) there might only be two.

well what do you expect? If someone ripped your home apart wouldn't you retaliate and defend your family in any way you could.:hairpull:

:iagree: Therefore DO NOT IMPORT BEES or queens or other genetic matter!

There is a house not far from me that used to have "HIVES" in its walls... listed in the Bee Bol Book !:icon_204-2:

Watch part 2, not only hives in walls, but also bee bites and native Honey bees - in America!?
Thought they only had stingless before importation.

I think we should import some of those, and cross breed them with some imported French AMM.

The supply of French AMM,s is sorted...now to the others,maybe drone semen.

Sorry Guys,
Am I missing something here. If I did this to my two big hives they would go mad. One of the very experienced beekeepers in my society stated if you get stung it is because you mishandle the bees which may be somewhat of an overstatement, but should we peddle this on our forum?

Back