frame supplier

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
because the vertical channels in the side bars were not vertical....

Difficult to understand how they did that, from a machining point of view. Not central, or not lining up with top bar rebate or the bottom bars is a common fault, but so easily overcome.

frame importation

I'm negotiating a price from a Chinese company - a few hundred frames to begin with, but if quality is good, I have a mind to import many more.

Will report back when they arrive as to whether I either have a new supply of kindling, or a realistically priced alternative source of good frames.

frames

I'm negotiating a price from a Chinese company - a few hundred frames to begin with, but if quality is good, I have a mind to import many more.

Will report back when they arrive as to whether I either have a new supply of kindling, or a realistically priced alternative source of good frames.

I would be interested in buying from you if they are ok

Leigh,
Please add me to your list of possible customers......it must need a HUGE quantity to make this venture viable?
good luck, richard

It looks like at 200 frames (dipping my toe in case they are cr*p!) would still be considerably cheaper than anything else I have managed to find. 5000 frames and it gets really interesting. Just need to make doubly sure of freight etc - will let you know when I see them. Could still be a waste of money, but equally could be brilliant....I rather resent the mark up our "normal" suppliers make. I utterly understand that they need to mark up to make business worthwhile, but they seem to take the p*ss rather a lot: for example, 30 lb honey buckets. These are standard in the food processing industry...as beekeepers buying through beekeeping channels (you know who I mean!) we are charged £4.43, or buying in 10s, £3.99. I get them from a food processor (shellfish) and pay 72p....exactly the same product. Lets see as a percentage.....thats....ummmm.....lots of markup! Some might call it greed.

I have some Chinese frames that a guy imported 2 years ago,I purchased a batch to give them a go and took some hives as well.

My opinion: RUBBISH,the frames have all bent and the wire staples are no good,I will take some pics and upload them.

You have to be very careful when buying from China. It is best to have a personal relationship - i.e. you would have to go there and set up a regular supply, then you could get excellent service and products at very low prices.
Someone I know ordered a container load of shoes, having inspected them and approved of their quality over here. After dispatching the goods, the Chinese agent 'phoned him to say he had saved him a lot of money, he would see when you open the container.
On arrival, the shoes were all loose, not in boxes of sized pairs! The buyer had to buy boxes, labels and pay UK labour prices to sort them into pairs before selling them.

Chinese bee hive + frames = big troubles!!!

I bought some of the cheap Chinese hives from something like Easypet. They were ok, except the bee space wasn't quite right, so they will be annoying me.

KBS buy in frames from National Bee Supplies

Thanks - there is much to think about here. Admin's comments are most appreciated as his opinion is backed up by hands-on experience of the product.

I'm sure that Chinese manufacturers vary in quality from excellent to utterly useless....I just hope the one I'm dealing with is at the good end. The only way to find out is to try.

Those others saying how terrible Chinese frames are - I'd be interested to know if you have had first hand experience of them, or are regurgitating here-say.

Thanks again....this is where the forum really helps.

By the way, bit late, but here was the problem with the offending frames:

I'm still sorting something out with the Chinese......been a bit of a hiccup in that the poor b*ggers have been caught by the earthquake. Still, will report when I have either good frames or kindling in my hands!

Back