When is a six frame Nuc not a six frame nuc?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The suppliers blurb says ON six frames, you say. If I say I have bees or brood ON six frames i am not saying I have six frames OF bees or brood. Not right to have undrawn frames though.

I've just reread the posts and my questions are

Why on earth is a beekeeper with 20 hives buying nucs.
To have 20 hives you should have enough knowledge and experience to make up your own.
and if they are a noob, what are they doing with 30 colonies.

Since the OP started posting recently I have been asking myself similar questions. I think he may not be what he seems. :)

The OP complaint was that the couple of nucs included barely drawn comb so didn't contain anything ; not brood in particular.

Undrawn frames aren't acceptable in my mind; the blurb supplied says:

... on six frames providing a balance of bees of all ages, newly laid eggs, sealed brood and honey stores for food.

... so it should contain those things only, not partly drawn frames. Although you think they would include pollen in the description.

Good on them for giving a refund however.

Hmmmm......I drive 100 miles to collect them. I actually had police permission to go. Covid-19 rules said that I was NOT to see ANYONE at the shop. When I got there, I was greeted by ten travelling nucs sitting outside. Obviously I thought: 'shall I open them all up to CHECK them, before putting them in to my car?' LOL....OF COURSE I DIDN'T! I trusted the vendor.

Would have been worth the few hours wait for the bees to go back in to roost after dusk..... stop wingeing and learn a lesson!

Good luck
Chons da

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back