Frame rest bargins

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lovely idea!

No branch of that chain locally, but hey, the specifics aren't the important thing. Its the concept that counts. And its a very nice concept!

They don't look deep enough for anything more than a shallow frame, and likely not that.

Needs to be a single item to support the frame almost vertically and top bar needs to be supported below the hive sides, or the frame will be in the way. Not recommended, I would say.

They don't look deep enough for anything more than a shallow frame, and likely not that.

Needs to be a single item to support the frame almost vertically and top bar needs to be supported below the hive sides, or the frame will be in the way. Not recommended, I would say.

surely the frame depth is irrelevant as it is supported from the lugs and the frame body hangs free. Top hooks on box side, bottom hooks below top at lug spacing.

Unless i'm missing something??

Wouldn't you just hang the frame (by the top bar lugs) from the hooks?

Re look ta the picture then comprehend the OP means to hang a single frame on side of box. shallow or deep does not come into it:rolleyes:

oh dear, am I the odd one out again? :ack2: ,i never use frame rest even though I have one in the bag

I find that with the dummy board taken out and 14x12 Hoffman frames then the space free is sufficient to remove frames easily.

even if i run 12 14x12 frames in a national extra deep then i just stack the first frame edge down with it resting on the front of the hive so any nurse bees can walk in

Yes, rethink. The frame will be either above or below the box, not one piece, and I am with MM, except that I lost mine (discarded) long ago. Laying a frame across the box is far cheaper, doesn't clutter the kit and serves a useful purpose.

Still wouldn't recommend, even at second thought. Mine was similar to the th*rne offering but knocked up from some strips, bender, pop rivetter. It worked, but still long gone.

never used one, don't intend ever using one, don't see the point of hanging a frame on the side of the hive, remove the first one and place in front of the hive as it's usually a store frame and any bees on it will crawl into the entrance

Latest posts

Back