Footwear

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which type of footwear do you use for beekeeping

• Wellington Boots

Votes: 212 66.0%
  • Rigger or similar leather boots

Votes: 35 10.9%
  • Walking boots

Votes: 29 9.0%
  • Shoes/Trainers

Votes: 28 8.7%
  • Boots or shoes with gaiters

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • Other (any barefoot beekeepers!)

Votes: 12 3.7%

• Total voters
Used to wear anything until my ankles got ravaged by the evil ones... Since then wellies...

Ben P

steel toed industrial wellys.

Hunters are ok but to soft and no protection from droping a super on your toes

i wear walking boots but thats because i nearly always wear walking boots whatever im doing but i put gators on and that protects the ankles and keeps them out of the trouser leg

Wellies with steel toecaps for quick jobs, steel toecap leather boots and walking gaiters for a day in the apiary.

Its ok I wear them in work as well so good value for money

Industrial steely wellies. Only about £12 from a shop about 6 miles from me :) (In fact, they were cheaper than the pairs of wellies being sold in the other local shops (including Aldi & Lidl) at the same time)

Boots. As long as they at least cover the ankles I don't mind what make. Currently using some leather "jungle boots" I've had kicking around for ages.

Has any one tried these?
[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/DUNLOP-HALF-HEIGHT-DESIGN-WELLY/dp/B002Y9ZCBC/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top[/ame]
I was going to buy a few pairs for the school bee club and see how they work out.

Mike.

Now they look the bizz.
I use bog standard wellies but cut they down to suit .

Ok I'm a short ar*e and wish to avoid chaffed bum cheeks. :laughing-smiley-004
Real reason , I find most wellies are too narrow to contain my calves and baggy bee suit !!

John Wilkinson

I have a brilliant pair of hunter wellies. Very comfortable but you need to have long legs or else they rub the back of your knees, also they are quite heavy aswell to walk in.

Did have a pair of barbour wellies bought for me as a pressie and they were rubbish.

Dubarry Shamrock sailing boots when they are not on the boat as they are breathable, if not then steel toe-cap work boots, but they are way too hot, otherwise shoes and gaiters although my other half always laughs at me when I wear them.. last time she said Hercule Poirot sprang to mind :eek:

I have a brilliant pair of hunter wellies. Very comfortable but you need to have long legs or else they rub the back of your knees, also they are quite heavy aswell to walk in.

Lady Hunters are shorter and wider and so-o-o-o comfortable, especially with a pair of Bama sockettes on. And they last for ever. Sorry, you can keep your Doobrees.

Back