First inspection and gutted :(

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wightbees

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
How long is a piece of string
Up until today i have not done anymore than look to make sure there was fondant on top of the frames.Bees going in and out BUT how wrong i was,they where not my bees.
Well how gutted i feel at the moment :( and thats putting it lightly :(

I new i had lost one hive and this i had been worried about before it went into winter .BUT i have lost 2 more of which i have no idea why.

Hive 1 was a 2yr old Queen of which the bees where SS
When i opened it up today there was a handfull of dead bees on the OMF honeystores and fondant above where the cluster was.I put a whole block of fondant on .Thats it nothing totally empty, i would of thought there would have been lots of dead bees but it doesn't look right.

Hive 2 last yr Queen very strong hive,my strongest infact :(
About 30lbs of honey runny stuff a few dead bees ,not much different to hive 1 ? ? ?

My 4th hive is still alive :) small but at least they have made it.

All got thymol treated last yr don't know what else to say just feel gutted :(

Ideas please, whats happened.

Sorry to hear the bad news.
Always difficult to give possible answers other than the main ones, but if you can take and post a few pictures of the frames that would be helpful.

I spent all afternoon cleaning frames out and then blocking off entrances.
To be honest if you picture a empty brood frame thats it nothing no brood just stored honey.

Sorry about this whightbees if its any help I had a similar experience last year a strong colony going into the winter and by February only about a couple of hundred dead bees left in the hive and not a carpet as to be expected of dead bees on the floor.

Latest posts

Back