few questions as I plan for spring

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was a little surprised myself. Two of us bought a batch and both had about 50% showing high aggression. If it had just been one out of the whole batch I wouldn't have given it much credence.
I was hoping for a walk in the park, but it turned into a run around the woods to get rid of the followers.
I know this not typical of Carniolans, so not blagging the strain, just pointing out there are odd rogues about. As appears Swarm might have seen with some Buckfast.
Thank you Beefriendly.
I tend to never say never because there is always the exception to the rule. I wouldn't dream of posting defamatory remarks about any bee breeder, just added what I've experienced. Not with MY bees I should add, as you know I don't keep Buckfast bees.
It would appear it requires forensic evidence, witnesses, proof, DNA swabbing or similar before this individual will accept your experience. Maybe he is the only person capable of obtaining Buckfast queens? What would anyone else know?
Not worth the time.

Not worth the time.

You could have saved yourself the fit of pique thinking you'd been accused of lying and the entire last paragraph just by answering the question. You were at least right about something in you very last line.

Sadly, sold as Buckfast and being Buckfast are not the same thing., But the same is true of all bees sold. That's why I asked the origin of these Buckfast bees that swarm has guaranteed the provenance of.

How exactly is that "up myself" ?

Latest posts

Back