Fame at last! (or "How we all laughed!")

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look, you lot!

It's hard work being me!
I'm a total embarrassment most of the time.
And an abject failure the rest of the time.

D

You think you have problems ? I'll lend you my shoes !! Great article Dusty ... they got all the facts and none of the usual claptrap ... well done.

Maybe they did - but the results weren't worthy of publishing :icon_204-2:

Only joking.
Lovely article dusty. Well done you.

My thoughts were very pleasant looking...

Great article Dusty ... they got all the facts and none of the usual claptrap ... well done.
:iagree:
It makes a change to read something that's well written and accurate, so well done to the author. It's good publicity for your bees too Dusty. :)

Girly stuff at home, manly incense at the cathedral.
What incense(s) do you use? There are loads of different ones for sale on that auction site.

Lovely write up Dusty. :paparazzi:

Thank you.

You are all terribly kind!

I have to agree, Clarissa has done a really good job.
She has proved you can make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

I usually use Prinknash Abbey incense, in my smoker - about a rounded teaspoonful - which i get from St. Denys Bookshop in our Cathedral Visitor Centre. For preference I use "Abbey" variety - very traditional. However, as Kaz's post indicates, last time they'd run out and I had to get, I think, "Basilica", which I've found rather sweet and, excuse the phrase, 'girly'. The trouble is, a teaspoonful goes a long way - about "2-3 hives worth"!

This link will take you to Prinknash Abbey incense varieties. Clicking on a variety will show a detailed description:

http://www.prinknashabbey.org/product-category/incense/500g-incense-pack/

Then, friends know I use incense in my smoker, and give me free samples, some of which are weird and wonderful. I'm just waiting for one of my 'friends' to offer me something exotic, then call Mr. Plod round, to march me off to Strangeways.

There was a fear recently that incense might be banned under new legislation to outlaw legal highs etc. the thinking being that part of its purpose/effect is to bring about a change of mental state, inducing calmness and a sense of 'otherness'. However, the churches have been told this won't be the case. That might have been Dawkin's Delight - half the clergy locked up for running drug dens!

Love, light and peace to all you wonderful people. I love you all.

Dusty

Last edited:
Looks like a nice spot for beekeeping. Nice view. It'd be difficult to pinch those hives

Lovely, Dusty.
Well done.
I might try the incense.Usually I use Lavender flowers, Rosemary and Bay leaves and dried orange peel :)

I usually use Prinknash Abbey incense, in my smoker - about a rounded teaspoonful - which i get from St. Denys Bookshop in our Cathedral Visitor Centre. For preference I use "Abbey" variety - very traditional. However, as Kaz's post indicates, last time they'd run out and I had to get, I think, "Basilica", which I've found rather sweet and, excuse the phrase, 'girly'. The trouble is, a teaspoonful goes a long way - about "2-3 hives worth"!
Thanks Dusty.

I wonder, does it actually calm the bees, or does it calm the beekeeper?

There was a fear recently that incense might be banned under new legislation to outlaw legal highs etc. ....

I love you all.
My question answered? ;)

Forum members might like to have a good Bank Holiday laugh, by viewing the following:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3Wc787hgt4

The "interesting" part starts about 36'20" into the programme.

It was filmed on an (inevitable) cold and wet day in March.

Our fame spreads wider and wider!

Dusty

Wonderful Dusty.

Shame that you had to be filmed in the cold and wet (perpetuating the French idea that its ALWAYS raining in the UK), however a great little piece. You deserve all the fame you can get!

I heard so much about this! Great stuff! Love how she brings her umbrella up on the roof lol, to us Mancs tis a mere light rain. No need for a brolly ;)

Latest posts

Back