Fake Manuka Honey

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An opportunity to win some of those high value sales for our own home-produced honey perhaps?

Been to super market this morning and decided to browse the selves
R**se blossom honey on sale , even knowing what I was looking for it never the less took me forever to locate the " blend of EC and none EC honies"
It did however carry the note " Strength 3 ". None of your Unique Blossom Factor " for them :D
It was cheap £2.59 but was manky looking , both partially granulated and stratified .
VM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Another recent thread mentioned honey labelling fraud. I overheard someone at a show mention that somebody known to them who is/was a commercial beek had been "convicted" by TS for buying in buckets of honey from anywhere, jarring it and labelling it as being "local". Easy enough I suppose if one is prepared to risk it. As for Manuka, bought some in NZ and travelled to Oz expecting to bring it back to UK. Guess what - never got beyond Oz customs with it!!!! Too expensive imo to buy it here so have never tasted it and never will as of now.

Too expensive imo to buy it here so have never tasted it and never will as of now.

If you want the true manookia taste - just buy a jar of tresco's cheaper than tripe honey, add a generous dessert spoon of creosote and a pinch of sand and there you have it - a tenth of the price but with ten times as much goodness!! :drool5:

Don't yah mean veggie mite cobber?
Vm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

you would be shot in NZ for suggesting an Oz food like Veggiemite, New Zealanders have their own version of Marmite that is less strong than ours ,more like a veggiemite/marmite cross

Though there have been production difficulties recently with their Sanitrium Marmite so i was offered Bovril on toast last time i visited

Last edited:
Wouldn't mind if the mites were veggie, VN, as they might leave our bees alone...

Seven Kings Apiary

Sea Samphire and Lava flavoured honey... who needs to spend al those carbon miles to bring mankie honey to our shores!

Samphire flavoured? I love samphire. And I take it you mean laver, as I find the other burns my tongue...

Must be down to taste... although I think the Mankie honie was a marketing ruse specifically aimed at the gullible emperors mew clothes lot!
Samphire has a creosote taste ( to me.. not objectional ) and Lava bread seaweedie stuff... tastes like seaweedie stuff!

I have seen many products getting the HONIE FLAVORED label.... is that legal?

Latest posts

Back