Fake Manuka Honey in news

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackcavebees

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Last edited:
manuka is just a clever marketing scheme for a product that the kiwis had an excess of with no market.

perhaps you could devise a County Antrim Activity Scale and market your honey at gullible worried well.

up to 1980 the new Zealand beekeepers count give the stuff away, then one ingenious beekeeper came up with the idea of selling it as health product... :icon_204-2:

I thought there was some science behind it? That said there is no way I'm spending £15 for a jar of honey; of course I'm too scared to work out how much mine costs :)

I thought there was some science behind it?

Of course there is. But whether the science was there before the product, or whether the science was carefully designed to match the (rather disgusting) product is another matter!

I think it was very clever marketing, designed to sell a product that not many people wanted to buy.

Does is taste nice?
Mankuna Honey?
For those who have no taste & big deep pockets it is just maaaaaavellloooous
Dahling!

Emperor's new cloths / crystals / healthy living and all that jazz IMOVHCO !!:icon_204-2:

Manuca... the K is the marmite version !

Last edited:
Mankuna Honey?
For those who have no taste & big deep pockets it is just maaaaaavellloooous
Dahling!

Emperor's new cloths / crystals / healthy living and all that jazz IMOVHCO !!:icon_204-2:

Manuca... the K is the marmite version !

This should make you smile! On ebut 190880755986

"We are very pleased to announce the arrival of a new Bee Venom honey to your table! A new name ‘Manuka Ease’ but the same lovely flavour and the all important ingredient Bee Venom, only this time added naturally by our bees. Enjoy Manuka Ease on toast, porridge, a warm drink or even off the spoon and help soothe any aches and pains with one of Mother Nature’s best kept secrets."

I would have thought that 'set' honey - as in 'set rock-hard' honey - could be sold with it's condition being 'proof' of unadulteration - the inference being that supermarket 'runny honey' probably has water (and gawd knows what else) added to it.

LJ

This should make you smile! On ebut 190880755986

"We are very pleased to announce the arrival of a new Bee Venom honey to your table! A new name ‘Manuka Ease’ but the same lovely flavour and the all important ingredient Bee Venom, only this time added naturally by our bees. Enjoy Manuka Ease on toast, porridge, a warm drink or even off the spoon and help soothe any aches and pains with one of Mother Nature’s best kept secrets."

Bee Venom Snake Oil .... I commend it to the house ... mix it with a bit of the worst honey you can extract - endless possibilities. Perhaps something to do with all that ivy honey that's going to be coming in shortly !

Back