Easi-steam National

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
water in the bottom put on heat steam rises into top and melts the wax

Plus an internal cage and for use to re-render cleanish wax a cloth filter bag!
VM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You must have a very understanding OH, VM, if you can get away with using that in your kitchen.

The pong must be a bit rife.*

Dusty

* From the wax melter, not your good self, I hasten to clarify.

Mrs. VM must be incredibly understanding ... looks like there's a Titan bandsaw in the kitchen as well.

Luxury!

Kitchen ? Bee shed !
The shot of the wax extractor is in the utility room .
As regards Mrs VM, I wear the trousers in this house .
There can only be one captain on a ship and I remind her that she's lucky to be in the crew !
VM

Is that before you get the silent treatment

Why not , these old nags are tough buggers ?
VM

Why not , these old nags are tough buggers ?
VM

How dare you talk about my wife like that, she only moans about the lack of pies down here!:)

If I dare go back on topic...

Some years ago I saw a setup for steaming wood for bending. It was one of the old aluminium pressure cookers - the ones that have a pipe stub in the centre of the lid. A length of lpg gas pipe connected it to the steam box and it was set over an open fire. Very low-tech but could be done for a couple of pounds.

Ray

there is one on eee bayy at the moment (not mine)

I was given one for a tenner and I love it, I put a washing up bowl under the run off spout with some warm water in, the pretty clean wax floats on top and the gritty crud sinks to the bottom of the bowl and cocoons stay on the floor mesh, so 2 cleaning processes in one run. Then bain marie it and strain through a nappy and hey presto....clean saleable wax. The cocoons go on my borders and get forked in or the birds take them.

5 years down the line, I have just set up my first attempt at retrieving wax using an inherited, unused Easi Steam. I had checked when we were given it that the steamer worked...and it did. So, on a drizzly late April Saturday I decided to give it a go and got everything set up. Hmmmm now the steamer isn't working. Checked everything and can't find a solution so thought I would couple it up to my own wallpaper stripper. Couplings dont match. Hey ho, off to find a different wallpaper stripper in the hardware shop. Easi steam isn't matching any of them. Thornes say it is a universal fitting. I'm puzzled. And frustrated. And getting nowhere fast. Rant over.

Surely you can get couplings of the right step down at the plumbing merchants. Or off ebay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Back