dummy board

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ape Resi

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
1 and a swarm
Hi
has anyone got a design form a national brood box and super dummy board?
thought to make my own as I have the material and the skill!
thanks, R

There are some on the 'big associations' site and Dave Cushmans site is still there and as good as ever - try googling him...and good luck!

Just trace around a made up frame easy.

fantastic thanks guys!
ona different questions... was ordering some frames last night and here i blame tiredness and my limited beekeeping skills - what type frames are which?
did i get it right?

DN v SN - deep (brood) v super frames
1 + 2 - will nee plastic spacers
3 + 4 hoffmans

but still confused on the diff between 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 - is there a simple table?

my hives came all assembled and loaded! but then I snapped a local beekeeper box of tricks and there is a bit of miss-match stuff... including 4 super flat packed which i I am trying to buy frames for.

(all National hive btw)

cheers! and happy easter! R

fantastic thanks guys!
ona different questions... was ordering some frames last night and here i blame tiredness and my limited beekeeping skills - what type frames are which?
did i get it right?

DN v SN - deep (brood) v super frames
1 + 2 - will nee plastic spacers
3 + 4 hoffmans

but still confused on the diff between 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 - is there a simple table?

my hives came all assembled and loaded! but then I snapped a local beekeeper box of tricks and there is a bit of miss-match stuff... including 4 super flat packed which i I am trying to buy frames for.

(all National hive btw)

cheers! and happy easter! R

here is DAve Cushman's site (RIP) gives details and by using the index lots of other information including dimemnsion of frames etc

http://www.dave-cushman.net/bee/bsframedesignations.html

i assume your national came with SN1 and spacers or SN4 , check cushman's site to see what they are

http://www.dave-cushman.net/bee/bsframesides.html

Hoffmans are SN4 & SN5 for supers or "shallow National" or DN5 for Deep National for brood boxes the difference 4& 5 is the width of the top bar

14x12 also called ED5 occasionally are for Extra Deep with wide top bar

Latest posts

Back