Does this exist? Drone cages?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To try to ensure a secured mating, if you try putting the two hives in a big enclosed secure building such as an aircraft hangar for the queen to fly about in and be chased, how big must the building be for this to work?

To try to ensure a secured mating, if you try putting the two hives in a big enclosed secure building such as an aircraft hangar for the queen to fly about in and be chased, how big must the building be for this to work?
Thus thread is daft enough as it is 😂😂
I’m even talking to a Bot.

The ones at Cardington should be large enough.

Jeff and Apple both posted comments insulting to the OP, although they tried to answer the question In other posts, as did everyone else.

Jeff and Apple both posted comments insulting to the OP, although they tried to answer the question In other posts, as did everyone else.
Rubbish, there was nothing insulting. Perhaps we need to include a health warning with every post now, just to ensure that readers take pleasantry as it is!

Agreed. Mods ... please ... kill this thread - it isn't doing anyone any good anymore.
I fear you are right.
The last post OP would have seen is the one from Beeno starting this episode
Shall I split the thread and put the second half into the cupboard under the stairs where you can all carry on ? 😉

I thought it was funny 🤭
Thanks Dani, I am slowly picking up British humour, still a fair bit of work to do for it to be understood as such in parts of England and the US.... Must be due to my French/Welsh twang 😂

Last edited:
The ones at Cardington should be large enough.
Perhaps that's the next big step in beekeeping... indoor beekeeping with artificial flowers loaded with artificial pollen and artificial nectar.. beekeeping whatever the weather outside ... I reckon you could get a few thousand hives in the hangar at Cardington ....

Perhaps that's the next big step in beekeeping... indoor beekeeping with artificial flowers loaded with artificial pollen and artificial nectar.. beekeeping whatever the weather outside ... I reckon you could get a few thousand hives in the hangar at Cardington ....
I'm sure the Chinese could sort the artificial flowers, laced with rice syrup!

I know many years ago there use to be a B707 in a corner used for smoke drills, standing at the entrance it looked like an Airfix model in comparison to the structure.

Latest posts

Back